Target hybrid for hunting. Yes

we have tried them and they dont work for us at long range, bullet base goes deep and 4 shrapnel goes into some vitals. worked fine to about 1800 fps left on impact, good bullet at medium ranges 700 or so prefer begers for Longrange
You liked hammer performance out to 700 yards but past that bergers. What was velocity on hammers

I was referring to the vapor trail comment that was posted not the lr hunting part-- the guys at hammer have stated they only recommend them down to 1800fps ( just like you found)-- so no, for a lrh bullet they are not recommended . Each bullet has its strengths and weaknesses-- I don't limit myself to just one brand or line of bullets.

Have you tested the 200gr hybrid bullets at all? The 215's are great BUT darn near unubtanium right now. I'm about out of 215s and am considering the 200, 200.20x, and 208s to replace the 215s unless berger hits the market with a plethora of 215s soon
The only main differences from one Berger hybrid to another will be things like SD, BC, and meplat/tip shape/profile (pointed vs not).

So take that into consideration and what it will mean for your particular needs and you'll be fine. The 208gr is actually going to be very similar to the 215, just slightly lower on SD.

I'm sure @Barbourcreek can elaborate further if needed/wanted since you specifically asked him.

Did you do any drilling of tips?
Nope, shot them strait out of the box. Had a lower velocity impact as well this last week, this deer was taken at 1020 yards with the 208 LRHT, no modification to the tip. Bullet entrance, 2.5-3" exit, impact velocity of 2080ish fps. I think these 208's are an excellent replacement to the 215's.
signal-2022-09-21-15-50-32-966.jpg

Nope, shot them strait out of the box. Had a lower velocity impact as well this last week, this deer was taken at 1020 yards with the 208 LRHT, no modification to the tip. Bullet entrance, 2.5-3" exit, impact velocity of 2080ish fps. I think these 208's are an excellent replacement to the 215's.View attachment 396576
Any close high impact shots?

Any close high impact shots?
If you mean high velocity, then yes. This mature doe pronghorn was like 90 yards. For reference, they are about 80-115 lbs live weight, so not much resistance to initiate expansion. About 2890 fps impact. Following photos are entrance and exit, in that order. Heart shot. Exit was roughly 2", doe ran about 50 yards downhill with a massive blood trail. Again, unmodified tips, entrance only hit ribs for bone, exit nicked the humorous bone. Caused enough trauma inside that despite the impact location, it actually ruptured the diaphragm and a little bit of the stomach, some of the contents of which were blown out the exit.
20220902_165408.jpg
20220902_164952.jpg

If you mean high velocity, then yes. This mature doe pronghorn was like 90 yards. For reference, they are about 80-115 lbs live weight, so not much resistance to initiate expansion. About 2890 fps impact. Following photos are entrance and exit, in that order. Heart shot. Exit was roughly 2", doe ran about 50 yards downhill with a massive blood trail. Again, unmodified tips, entrance only hit ribs for bone, exit nicked the humorous bone. Caused enough trauma inside that despite the impact location, it actually ruptured the diaphragm and a little bit of the stomach, some of the contents of which were blown out the exit.
View attachment 396736View attachment 396737
They seem to function almost perfect. That is great info on these bullets. I know them being tipped was somewhat of a concern.

They seem to function almost perfect. That is great info on these bullets. I know them being tipped was somewhat of a concern.
I was curious how it would effect performance as well, however (my guess as well as a few other individuals) the empty cavity behind the hollow point seems to make them perform properly, I think the copper nose crushes in and then essentially the bullet begins to act like a standard exposed lead tipped spire point bullet, mushrooming/fragmenting as it goes through.