Target/hunting load for 300 win mag

I am the odd man out..... here I suspect. I like or should I say my 300 likes 7828 with the 200 to 215 grain bullets. Good old 300 has so many excellent bullet and powder combos seldom is it a ton of work to get to where you want to be.

Guys,

Thanks for your recommendations! I've worked up two loads for it now.

The first was Nosler 200gr Partitions, Nosler brass, fed mag primers, 78grs h1000

The second is Hornady 208gr ELD Match, Nosler Brad's, fed mag primers, 78grs h1000

The 200 partitions is for a specific hunt which recommended partitions. I wanted to load the ELD Match bullets because the partitions are more than twice as expensive as the ELDs and the ELDs have a much better B.C. I need to practice with it quite a bit. Part of the practice will include long range out to at least 1k. If things are going well I will definitely take it longer.

Below is a pic of the results with 78 grains of h1000 for the ELD Match 208 gr bullets. As you can see one of the four is low....that was on me. Ugh, anticipation, which is another reason for more practice. This rifle is outstanding and while I can shoot it with no ill effects to my neck so far it does have more recoil than my 6.5 CMs and I caught myself anticipating the recoil a couple of times. Gotta practice enough to get past this.

DC7E469A-7BD0-4B86-9C53-7F1760081868_zpsuky6xmks.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.