Talley Lightweight Rings ?

ShtrRdy

I've got an old Rem 700 that I had rebarreled. It has the old style Redfield scope base and rings, (1970's vintage). I need to move the scope a little higher and have been thinking about using the 2 piece Talley lightweight rings.

My question is, will these rings move around with recoil from a 300 Win Mag? Is there something about the screws or holes in the rings which help locate them?

S, I have several rifles with the Talley lightweights. My son and quite a few friends have them also, 30mm and 1". We've never had any problems with recoil including 3 sets on 300RUM. All have been align-honed and Locktite on the screws torqued to spec. You'll like them, good luck.

I also have a set on my 300RUM that have held on for about 300 rounds now, and a set on my wby. We put a set on my dads 375 this last year and they have stood up to that gun with about 100rds through it. Great buy really unless you just need/ want to go with a rail/ ring setup.

Thanks for the info and experiences. For this rifle I'm looking for less weight so I'm trying to stay away from the rail/ring approach.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.