Talley lite weight rings

fllefty

Can anyone advise on what height rings ( I know they are a one piece base ring ) for Remington 700 LA bartlien #3 NXS 3.5x15x50. I have NF low rings on a Seekins 20moa rail and would like to lighten rifle and lower scope height . Do not need the extra 20 moa. Anybody have similar setup. thx

Lefty, simple answer is e-mail Talley with your info and they will reply with the correct answer. Between myself and friends we have 11 sets and purchased on Talley's recommended model #.

+1 on the email. They actually answer the phone if you would like more detail and they just don't let anybody answer. One time I ordered a pair of lightweight s , wrong fit and my fault. Called, gentleman said send them to me, he sent out what I needed which wasnt originally from talley direct.

Thanks guys-Talley e-mailed they said mediums should be fine. I was hoping lows would fit.

I have the mediums with a 50 mm objective on a standard magnum contour rem 700 and there is about 3/16" or so between the bell and the barrel. With the scope cover on, there is less than an 1/8". I would guess that the lows might work but it would be close and you couldn't fit the covers on.

Double checked it last night and the narrowest space between the scope and the barrel is more like an 1/8" not 3/16", FYI.

Cpgfan good point. Cummlns cowboy that was my point I have a sporter stock and I want to line up when I throw rifle to shoulder. Not interested in looks. Thanks to all I will be ordering med.

Im running a set of LOW's on my tikka t3 and with a zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 I still have a little bit of room. Low rings might work but mediums will definitely not be an issue.

I bought the x-low, low and medium to my magnum 700. Ended up with medium in the end since the bolthandle did not open with the low (swarovski z5 3,5-18x44).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.