tactical handgun accessories

EXPRESS

I am thinking about putting together a handgun for home defence, probably a Glock.

Together with this, I would like to deck it out with a light and laser.

Insight Technologies offers a one unit, light with laser incorporated.

The other thought was a lasermax laser and a surefire light.

Where can you buy these products online? Are there any tactical supplyiers?

Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer?

Thanks.

Home defense handgun.

I would not put a laser on it, I'd get a tactical light (small model like the M3 http://www.tacticalflashlights.com/streamlight/m3.htm ) with a "momentary on" rocker type switch. You'll end up looking for the laser "dot" and get distracted, best to watch the larger picture IMHO.

I'd practice tactical shooting, not target shooting. Instinctive, no sights, isosceles posture, 7 yard drills, high ready carry, weak and strong side shooting. Moving while shooting, stopages, reloads... lots to know and practice for good tactical handgun shooting.

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

I am a member of a tactical shooting club (here they call it "dynamic" shooting).
We have a lot of fun, mostly due to the instructor being a crazy part Algerian...

We shoot, clear feed malcuntions, reload on the run, with this bloke at you side yelling a number indicating which target you must engage or which area you must run to and await further instruction, it is great fun!

Dave, thanks for the link, I appreciate your suggestion on the laser.
I don't think it would come into play in a critical situation either, but it would be great for practice and just fun shooting.

Do you know where you can get Lasermax lasers online?

Some cool IPSC videoclips HERE.

I agree,no optics on a HD pistol. I don´t have anything extra on mine. But here is an item that I may mount on my Glock -just for fun. Good for a Holosight and a light.

http://botachtactical.com/tacglockmount.html

I was fighting these cardboard aliens today for some practise,got them all:
grin.gif

Pistolrange.jpg

[ 03-01-2004: Message edited by: Petander ]

I'll second Dave in NOT recommending the laser. I teach tactical handgun for a living and the only use I have for a laser is for the shield guy on an entry team(Its acceptable if you use a ballistic shield for home defense).
grin.gif
Get the M3 or SureFire light and practice, practice, practice...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.