Swarovski vs. March

kuduman

Question relates to long range hunting for me, out to 600 yds . Two scopes -- Swar. 5 - 30 x50 with the ballistic turret and the March 5 - 32 x 52 Tactical. Both have superb glass,,,, My concern is the repeatability of the turrets on both scopes to crank up to a 600 yd. zero and back to a 200 yd. zero many times without having to go back to the target range and verify zeros again. I like the ballistic turret on the Swar.,,, simple to use, just concerned about it remaining true. Any opinions and past experience would be appreciated.

Question relates to long range hunting for me, out to 600 yds . Two scopes -- Swar. 5 - 30 x50 with the ballistic turret and the March 5 - 32 x 52 Tactical. Both have superb glass,,,, My concern is the repeatability of the turrets on both scopes to crank up to a 600 yd. zero and back to a 200 yd. zero many times without having to go back to the target range and verify zeros again. I like the ballistic turret on the Swar.,,, simple to use, just concerned about it remaining true. Any opinions and past experience would be appreciated.

You might want to go over to snipershide.com and ask that question.

I can't comment on the March scope because I haven't evaluated one. The Swarovski Z6 scopes have excellent repeatability. They use 4-point coil springs instead of leaf springs. Compared to leaf springs, coil springs provide a greater resistance to recoil and a more constant spring force over the range of travel. They eliminate friction between the spring and scope body. They also allow more room for the erector optics. The BT knob on the 5-30X model has 4.6 mrad (16.6 IPHY) of adjustment, which is enough to get out to 700-800 yds for many flat-shooting calibers.

I have a March 2.5-25x42. It is an excellent scope and is superbly repeatable. I have more confidence in it making the proper adjustment than I do my Nightforce NXS. It has 100 MOA of vertical adjustment. I have a new 2.5-25x52 on order and it will have 120 MOA of vertical. I have not had a Z6 for comparison but I do have a Z5 3.5-18x44. The Z5 is a very good scope but not on par with the March. Hard to go wrong with either.

I have a March 2.5-25x42. It is an excellent scope and is superbly repeatable. I have more confidence in it making the proper adjustment than I do my Nightforce NXS. It has 100 MOA of vertical adjustment. I have a new 2.5-25x52 on order and it will have 120 MOA of vertical. I have not had a Z6 for comparison but I do have a Z5 3.5-18x44. The Z5 is a very good scope but not on par with the March. Hard to go wrong with either.
I heard the eye box is a little tight on 25 for the 42mm. I would be very curious on your direct comparision of both. How do you like the one you have, they seem like a dream scope for specs for my packer rifle in mil. Feel free to pm me when you get new one and test it for a bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.