Surprise my hubby w/ballistics calc.?

Great information from many sources! I just bought a Dell Streak 7 Tegra w/Bluetooth and as there's no cell service here--or anywhere where I'm likely to be except Fairbanks--I had no clue about what "locked," "unlocked," and SIM card meant. So the Android OS that I sought to run Shooter couldn't be accessed. Nor can Shooter be installed in Windows or iApple whatever. I called Geeks and the guy said there was nothing he knew of that ran an android of i OS that could be used without SIM card activation. Anybody know differently?

Otherwise I'll be looking at Exebal and others, for laptop/Win7 etc., and hopefully with the Bluetooth option as I'd like the inter-connectivity. Since the--literally--whole shooting match is transported via boat & 4 wheeler and not far or roughly, it will be acceptable.

You can run Shooter and others on an iTouch - you just don't have the GPS data available. I'll try and confirm this later this evening.

Great information from many sources! I just bought a Dell Streak 7 Tegra w/Bluetooth and as there's no cell service here--or anywhere where I'm likely to be except Fairbanks--I had no clue about what "locked," "unlocked," and SIM card meant. So the Android OS that I sought to run Shooter couldn't be accessed. Nor can Shooter be installed in Windows or iApple whatever. I called Geeks and the guy said there was nothing he knew of that ran an android of i OS that could be used without SIM card activation. Anybody know differently?

Otherwise I'll be looking at Exebal and others, for laptop/Win7 etc., and hopefully with the Bluetooth option as I'd like the inter-connectivity. Since the--literally--whole shooting match is transported via boat & 4 wheeler and not far or roughly, it will be acceptable.

You should be able to use a wifi connection to access the App Store or Google Market without having the phone or Sim activated.

The phone will behave like an Ipod Touch in this manner.

I would think GPS input would be important for those shooting beyond 1000 yards--coriolis, spin drift, maybe Gauss effect, etc.--and I plan on a mile or a little more eventually. Does Shooter allow for manual entry of GPS info as I have three Garmins, their first, a 610 Rino, and a 655t Rino?

I also have a Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth. The whole idea is to coordinate/synthesize all input into a program that minimizes my participation/input regarding mathematical equations. Given my ability in that department without such esoteric gear I'd likely have 300 Bergers all over the Arctic. I'd be dangerous!:D

Then there's my new CE-2 that I bought from Len--I'd like that info to sync with the rest. And who knows; maybe someday I'll be able to feed info direct from my Terrapin.

There's no wifi here; the closest is Fairbanks 177 air miles south. I have to hook up my Kindle via USB here, but usually load up in FAI before I leave. So that's out. I need an independent gizmo that can be linked to PCs and preferably with Bluetooth capability so as to inculcate the aforementioned ancillary equipment. I like that Excebal as mentioned on an earlier response to this post/thread because of that capability. Maybe I just want too much?

I would think GPS input would be important for those shooting beyond 1000 yards--coriolis, spin drift, maybe Gauss effect, etc.--and I plan on a mile or a little more eventually. Does Shooter allow for manual entry of GPS info as I have three Garmins, their first, a 610 Rino, and a 655t Rino?

I also have a Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth. The whole idea is to coordinate/synthesize all input into a program that minimizes my participation/input regarding mathematical equations. Given my ability in that department without such esoteric gear I'd likely have 300 Bergers all over the Arctic. I'd be dangerous!:D

Then there's my new CE-2 that I bought from Len--I'd like that info to sync with the rest. And who knows; maybe someday I'll be able to feed info direct from my Terrapin.

There's no wifi here; the closest is Fairbanks 177 air miles south. I have to hook up my Kindle via USB here, but usually load up in FAI before I leave. So that's out. I need an independent gizmo that can be linked to PCs and preferably with Bluetooth capability so as to inculcate the aforementioned ancillary equipment. I like that Excebal as mentioned on an earlier response to this post/thread because of that capability. Maybe I just want too much?

Hey dude - how about starting your own thread rather than highjacking this nice lady's thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.