Surefire Flashlights -as good as they claim?

Brown Dog

Quite impressed by the Surefire advertising. Never had the chance to handle one...do they live up to their image?

...for no particularly good reason, thinking of either an executive defender or a 6P ...seems that both claim to be 33% brighter than a 3 x D-cell Maglite ...any recommendations?

As good as they claim and then some. If you are not using as a tactical in a LE or Mil setting the G2 also is worth considering. It is only $34 retail and same brightness, just hard plastic housing. I have 6 G2s for wife, daughters and cars. I carry a couple other models at times where I can use the sharp metal edges. Great for airplanes and they let you carry them.

BH

BH

I'm also pretty impressed with them too.

I have several G2, two E2E and a M6. The M6 is nice at 250 lumens and nearly unbelieveable at 500 lumens... bring extra batteries.

Yup...would avoid the e2d -- the strike bezel is annoying IMO.

The E2e is nice.

Also have a c3 (105lumen) that is impressive.

dont know if they are worth the $$, but they are impressive. havent seen any imitators that have a similar quality beam.

JB

Brown Dog,
They are superb. I second Bounty's suggestion, the little 35 dollar model is a heck of a flashlight. Only one problem, everybody that sees it wants it.
I have several, including the big boomer that Dave mentioned. Only handheld flashlight I have used that could light up low clouds! Get a flashlight and a battery holder full of batteries and you are good to go for a long time.

I also like the LED lights, particularly a 35 dollar model from Cabela's. Takes three or four AA batteries, lasts forever. Mine has been used a lot in three years, still on the original batteries.

I have used just about every product surefire makes in the light department. I cannot say enough good about them bright dependable and very rugged. A guy should buy a case of the 35 dollar models and put them in everything he owns or might ever be in.

I have had the M900 light for about 2 years, great light, used most often for yote hunting and when things go bump around the house. E2E lights are great for all uses. You can't go wrong with surefire.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.