Alamo Precision Rifles, are they any good????

Anybody else with any first hand experience with Alamo Precision? Look like pretty legit rifles to me.

Like I said the rifle is Great! I really like it but their customer service is lacking?
They might have ironed out some of the issues I haven't dealt with them since...

That's the build I'm looking at. Seems almost too good to be true with the proof carbon barrel for less than $2500
Any details on this special they have? Only single item or for doing a custom build with CF barrel?

I built a 3006 with Alamo. It shoots great with hot hand loads. Groups are very tight with several different bullets.

I've read a little bit about some guys having trouble getting them when they were promised, but truthfully I'm not in any hurry for mine(plus it would give me a little more time to hide the purchase from my wife lol). How's it shoot? Fit and finish in line with what you paid for? Thanks for the reply!
Hiding the purchase from your wife that's a completely different thread (lol)

i have a 6.5PRC and a 6.5 creedmoor from alamo and they are excellent rifles. customer service has been second to none.
i was worried about them as well when looking at the pricing vs other makers. figured it had to be the components or something too good to be true. They are legit for sure.

got a reamer from rich and am having them build a 6.5ss as we speak. using proof research barrel, lone peak ti action, mcmillian game hunter stock
dont let there prices scare you away to mean something is wrong.

My son and I had two rifles built in 28 Nosler from Alamo. I'm from Missouri and he lives 20 minutes from them. Went over to their shop while visiting him and spent 2-3 hours figuring out what we wanted. Put deposits down on 12/27/17 and had my gun by the the first of July. Both guns shoot the Berger 195 lights out. They were great to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to do another build with them.

I had one, but never got around to shooting at. They missed a "drop dead promise" date by 10+ months. It was supposed to be done for a spring bear hunt and wasn't. Was then told it would be ready for my elk hunt that same fall...and wasn't.

As others have mentioned, it was always someone else's problem. (Mine was them finding someone competent to drop the rifle in KUIU vias, which I thought was ridiculous)

For my troubles they sent some cheap *** hat with the shipment. Never did get the rifle I paid for, physically yes I got it. But was not built how I ordered and paid for.

I'm sure they do great work, but I had an absolute terrible experience with them.

Go R-Bros and don't look back.

I had one, but never got around to shooting at. They missed a "drop dead promise" date by 10+ months. It was supposed to be done for a spring bear hunt and wasn't. Was then told it would be ready for my elk hunt that same fall...and wasn't.

As others have mentioned, it was always someone else's problem. (Mine was them finding someone competent to drop the rifle in KUIU vias, which I thought was ridiculous)

For my troubles they sent some cheap --- hat with the shipment. Never did get the rifle I paid for, physically yes I got it. But was not built how I ordered and paid for.

I'm sure they do great work, but I had an absolute terrible experience with them.

Go R-Bros and don't look back.

you waited 10 months for someone to do kuiu vias to the stock?? had to be more to it then that?

Unfortunately no. I changed nothing on the build after my initial payment, other than changing the action. I wanted a Curtis...but they wouldn't let me use it. So this really wasn't my change it was them changing to an action they had in house, but this change was early on in the process (I believe 4-6 weeks in)

In the end, I still didn't get a kuiu dipped stock, they ended up painting it "vias" and it was not good..

that sucks,
i am going on my 4th build with them and everyone has been really smooth and communication was perfect. all shoot better than expected, my only concern with them early on was how much cheaper they were than all the other builders. they were using the same components so that was not it. That fear went away really quick as i have continued to have them do others. great team for sure, maybe they fixed whatever kink you went through

When my son and I ordered our guns in December of 2017 we wanted a McMillan stock in Kuiu Vias but were told that McMillan was having dipping problems and up to 80% of the stocks were being rejected. I don't remember if they were doing the dipping or having a second party do it but we decided to go a different direction on the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts