Supressor

I use a SilencerCo on a 243 for coyote hunting trying to increase the odds for a double or a triple with less sound, with or without the suppressor doesn't change the need for hearing protection. For big game hunting I see no need for one, muzzle noise makes no difference, would rather have a high-quality muzzle break like the Area 419 Hell Fire Match, be as accurate so possible and bam, ONE & DONE

I went with the ultra 7 direct thread and i am very happy with it. Have put it on a lot of gun ar15, 6.5, 308, 300. Quiet accurate and lite. A little expensive but probably the best for rifle out there.

I was torn between the ultra 7 and banish 30 but ultimately the banish is 3 oz heavier and I wanted QD. One awesome thing is you can get 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 brakes and suppressor fits on those brakes without the need for adapters. To get a QD in banish you have to get the banish 30 which is bigger, almost double the weight and costs around $400 more.

My ultra 7 will be out of jail in like 1-2 months.

As for recoil, a brake might reduce the physical impact felt by the shooter more than a suppressor, but that's not the whole story.

Muzzle blast, by itself, is a significant part of "perceived recoil" or the overall noxious stimulus experienced by the shooter. I've found that my ability to concentrate and put rounds exactly where I want them is improved by a suppressor much more than with a brake, but that's just me. I'm sure there are others with the opposite opinion. I just can't stand muzzle brakes and I'm continually baffled by those who love them.

Most of us, I imagine, take the occasional shot while hunting with no ear protection at all. In those situations, suppressors might not take the sound down to perfectly safe levels, but they're a darn site better than nothing.

Speaking of recoil impulse, with brakes the impact is more of a sharp "bark"; suppressed changes it to more of a shove—as in extends the recoil out over time. That's my experience anyway.

I use a SilencerCo on a 243 for coyote hunting trying to increase the odds for a double or a triple with less sound, with or without the suppressor doesn't change the need for hearing protection. For big game hunting I see no need for one, muzzle noise makes no difference, would rather have a high-quality muzzle break like the Area 419 Hell Fire Match, be as accurate so possible and bam, ONE & DONE
I think where it makes a big difference in big game hunting is when you have to take a quicker shot. I will always shoot with unprotected ears before I loose the opportunity. Not that I like that but it's just what I personally do when the heat is on. I've done it twice now with a brake and am done with that so it's time for a suppressor. I understand that shooting with a suppressor may still not be ear safe but it's way closer then shooting with a brake.

Idk but for me it was between the tbac 7 and the banish 30 for my first can. I ended up going banish. A lot of people will say I made a mistake and that's ok. I like being able to take it apart. I've never handled either of these cans so I have no idea which is better. I'm still waiting for mine so hopefully I made a good choice haha. Good luck with your first can/purchase

I have 2 Banish 30 and love them both, They are very quit and are serviceable and adjustable as well from a 6" suppressor for hunting and 9" for on the range for maximum quietness. They also sell a tool to take it apart and press out the cylinder. Silencer Central also does all the work you need to get your stamp and get you legal.
I have heard of some trouble with taking them apart because they are made out of titanium and the threads gall. I haven't seen this as a problem as of yet but I only have about 200 rounds down mine.

I have 2 Banish 30 and love them both, They are very quit and are serviceable and adjustable as well from a 6" suppressor for hunting and 9" for on the range for maximum quietness. They also sell a tool to take it apart and press out the cylinder. Silencer Central also does all the work you need to get your stamp and get you legal.
I have heard of some trouble with taking them apart because they are made out of titanium and the threads gall. I haven't seen this as a problem as of yet but I only have about 200 rounds down mine.
I've had mine get stuck were I can't get the second set of baffles off. A couple of strap wrenches and it was no issue. 9 times out of 10 I'd have chosen the banish again.

I can tell you after shooting over 200 rounds of rimfire and centerfire mixed(mostly centerfire) it has a ton of build up. I definitely wouldn't want to see what one looks like inside that you can't clean.

Last edited:
Do you put anything on the threads to prevent seizing? I'm thinking of using some high temp brake grease. I've heard reviews where the threads can lock together to where it won't come apart again and basically is welded together but I doubt that'll happen if it's taken apart every 100 rnds like it's supposed to be.

Do you put anything on the threads to prevent seizing? I'm thinking of using some high temp brake grease. I've heard reviews where the threads can lock together to where it won't come apart again and basically is welded together but I doubt that'll happen if it's taken apart every 100 rnds like it's supposed to be.
I was told not to out anything on the threads that the o ring is enough to seal it and of its not the ring is damaged. Personally I found it was carbin build up in the threads and it was nothing to break it apart with the strap wrenches.

I definitely wouldn't want to see what one looks like inside that you can't clean.

It depends on your level of trust that the manufacturer will still be around.

I sent in a SilencerCo Saker with about 8k rounds through it and they cleaned it for free. Inside looks brand new, and if it weren't for some telltale marks I knew the body had, I would have sworn they replaced it.

I was told not to out anything on the threads that the o ring is enough to seal it and of its not the ring is damaged. Personally I found it was carbin build up in the threads and it was nothing to break it apart with the strap wrenches.
I have heard that never sieze didn't work all that well. I think a high temp grease or a schaeffer grease product should work. I know I'm at the point i need to clean mine so maybe today is the day that i find out for myself.

It depends on your level of trust that the manufacturer will still be around.

I sent in a SilencerCo Saker with about 8k rounds through it and they cleaned it for free. Inside looks brand new, and if it weren't for some telltale marks I knew the body had, I would have sworn they replaced it.
How long did you wait to get it back?

I can clean mine in about 20 minutes and other than some heat discoloration it looks brand new. Since I was going to be using mine with rimfire I didn't want to have to wait to get it cleaned.