Supressor

I have the omega 300 along with 5 other cans. It's a great all around can. Thunderbeast would be a slight step up in quality in my opinion. Only reason I got the omega is because of silencerco's big mil/Leo discount.

Pay attention to weight. I bought the regular Nomad and two weeks after putting it in jail…they released the Ti version.

The last suppressor I bought was a silencerco EVO Harvester at Christmas time because they gave me a free 22 can in the process. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does once released on parole.

Good luck…volume is how they suppress noise so a shorter fatter can has the ability to compete with the longer skinnier cans…noise wise.

Ok boys and girls, I'm looking for some advice. I'm looking at purchasing my first supressor. Mainly hunting/plinking. I'll be running them on bolt guns, biggest being 7rm. I'm leaning towards either the omega 300 or the thunder beast ultra 7. Thank you for any advice. Please let me know the pros and cons of what you guys are running.
Since this is your first there are some things you need to know. When dealing with supersonic ammo you can only approach a hearing safe scenario with a long barreled action that locks up like a lever or bolt gun. I own several suppressors for pistol and 22 lr rifles and was inquiring about putting one on my AR hog/deer gun. The dealer told me that you cannot make a semi auto hearing safe with supersonic ammo and no magnum rounds can be made hearing safe, you will need ear protection. I told these guys that they were talking themselves out of a sale. They told me they rather lose a sale then face the lawsuit that would be in order if I walked out of there store with a suppressor bought thinking I was not putting my hearing in jeopardy. That leads to the question, if your going to have to wear ear protection anyway, what's the point?

I have an omega 300 and a rugged radiant. I tend to use the rugged more often on my hunting rifle. It is modular and light with great warranty. I think there turn around is 48hours after receiving. A can is usually a lifetime purchase so the warranty is important IMO. Rugged is a great company I would look into them.

Most people will recommend the TBAC Ultra series and they are very nice. Also very expensive. If budget is a concern, take a look at the Yankee Hill Machine R2. It's not titanium so it's heavier, 1lb vs 1/2lb, but it's also a little quieter. Biggest attraction is price so it's more bang for your buck. If you are going to swap your suppressor to an AR, also check out the Energetic Armament Vox. It's also quiet, built like a tank and weighs less than the YHM.
I personally own the YHM but I have shot my buddy's rifles with the other two attached. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Since this is your first there are some things you need to know. When dealing with supersonic ammo you can only approach a hearing safe scenario with a long barreled action that locks up like a lever or bolt gun. I own several suppressors for pistol and 22 lr rifles and was inquiring about putting one on my AR hog/deer gun. The dealer told me that you cannot make a semi auto hearing safe with supersonic ammo and no magnum rounds can be made hearing safe, you will need ear protection. I told these guys that they were talking themselves out of a sale. They told me they rather lose a sale then face the lawsuit that would be in order if I walked out of there store with a suppressor bought thinking I was not putting my hearing in jeopardy. That leads to the question, if your going to have to wear ear protection anyway, what's the point?
Go look at https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews. When it gives a suppression rating is based on the intensity of the exposure over time. We all know anything over 85 dB can cause damage after an hour or two and that anything over 140 dB for any amount of time can cause instantaneous hearing loss. A suppressor gets you below the threshold of instantaneous damage and in shirt enough duration that there are many configurations that are in fact safe to shoot without ear protection.

Now you can research that and then go research how exactly hearing protection is rated. "33 dB reduction" on your muffs does not mean it takes 160 dB down to 127 dB. So from your perspective you should only ever be shooting suppressed and with ear plugs.

Your choice should depend on your needs. Mounting options is a big deciding factor. The TBAC 7 is a great can if you value POI shift over interchangeable mounting systems. If you want something a little more durable for AR's and the ability to use interchangeable mounts you could go dead air nomad or omega 300 or something else.

I just received and tested a few shots threw my Tbac Dominus ti CB. WOW! Absolutely awesome shooting experience. Report is very similar to a 17 from a 24" 300 prc.
It's a total of 10 oz with brake mount, and 6.75 inches long. It's mounted on included brake. Highly recommend.
I'll say the recoil wasn't noticably different from a 5 port beast brake, but that was only a few shots so I'll know more later.
Would like to hear more from you about the recoil reduction from this suppressor. Thanks

Would like to hear more from you about the recoil reduction from this suppressor. Thanks
I need more time with it to quantity better. Some back and forth testing with the brake. Just my initial impression was of how much smoother the whole shot experience was without any concussion etc.
There is no doubt that good brakes do better in pure recoil reduction. I wouldn't say I'm real recoil sensitive and the gun is fairly light 9.5 # all up. Launching 215s at about 2950. Felt fine.

The Dominus is slightly shorter and fatter than the ultra 7 at a similar weight and I guess the dominus is between ultra 7 and 9 in sound reduction. I don't really care too much but just some info. I was surprised how light it feels on the barrel. I'm definitely getting a shorter barrel eventually tho for all around hunting, alder choked mountains to open plains.