Supressor

Does anybody that has a solid welded can just throw the whole thing into an ultrasonic cleaner to clean it out? I understand it could potentially hurt the outside finish but personally I wouldn't really care too much about that as I'd have a cover over it while on the rifle anyways. It was a thought I had while doing my research for a can.

Does anybody that has a solid welded can just throw the whole thing into an ultrasonic cleaner to clean it out? I understand it could potentially hurt the outside finish but personally I wouldn't really care too much about that as I'd have a cover over it while on the rifle anyways. It was a thought I had while doing my research for a can.
I use a sonic cleaner to clean my baffles. I can tell you that you'd have to run if for a long time to get anywhere close to clean. I run mine 1 to 2 hours and still have to scrape and scrub a lot to get it clean.

I was mostly worried about carbon falling into my chamber/barrel while hunting with a dirty suppressor and that was the main reason for wanting to be able to clean. Also the advantages of having more volume when clean.

How long did you wait to get it back?

I can clean mine in about 20 minutes and other than some heat discoloration it looks brand new. Since I was going to be using mine with rimfire I didn't want to have to wait to get it cleaned.
Two weeks door to door. The reason I waited so long was I didn't want to be without it. I survived.

Not saying that is their SLA—just my experience.

Go look at https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews. When it gives a suppression rating is based on the intensity of the exposure over time. We all know anything over 85 dB can cause damage after an hour or two and that anything over 140 dB for any amount of time can cause instantaneous hearing loss. A suppressor gets you below the threshold of instantaneous damage and in shirt enough duration that there are many configurations that are in fact safe to shoot without ear protection.

Now you can research that and then go research how exactly hearing protection is rated. "33 dB reduction" on your muffs does not mean it takes 160 dB down to 127 dB. So from your perspective you should only ever be shooting suppressed and with ear plugs.
There are tons of sources on this and lots of variables. But in the end if you believe in erring on the side of caution I think you're better off with good ear protection than a suppressor. Example, a friend of mine who's desperate to save what little hearing he has left is looking into a high end suppressor. He got a chance to fire one out of a 308 bolt and was impressed. He was wearing muffs and I was standing off to his side about 20 feet away and just behind him with no ear protection. While he was impressed but it clearly was not hearing safe for me. I've also done this "experiment" with a friend with a suppressed AR. Fine for him unacceptable for me as a bystander. What I was told at my local suppressor retailer is that the supersonic crack of a center fire rifle is borderline hearing safe out of a bolt gun and completely not hearing safe out of a semiautomatic. I can't also tell you that in a high volume event like prairie dog hunting because of the repetition no suppressors are hearing safe on a center fire. These are my personal experiences. What you lose you'll never get back. For the record I also run a 7 mag with a break. I wear plugs and muffs at the range and quality electric plugs in the field. I have no complaints.

There are tons of sources on this and lots of variables. But in the end if you believe in erring on the side of caution I think you're better off with good ear protection than a suppressor. Example, a friend of mine who's desperate to save what little hearing he has left is looking into a high end suppressor. He got a chance to fire one out of a 308 bolt and was impressed. He was wearing muffs and I was standing off to his side about 20 feet away and just behind him with no ear protection. While he was impressed but it clearly was not hearing safe for me. I've also done this "experiment" with a friend with a suppressed AR. Fine for him unacceptable for me as a bystander. What I was told at my local suppressor retailer is that the supersonic crack of a center fire rifle is borderline hearing safe out of a bolt gun and completely not hearing safe out of a semiautomatic. I can't also tell you that in a high volume event like prairie dog hunting because of the repetition no suppressors are hearing safe on a center fire. These are my personal experiences. What you lose you'll never get back. For the record I also run a 7 mag with a break. I wear plugs and muffs at the range and quality electric plugs in the field. I have no complaints.
Again, look at pewscience. The scale he uses is a safe exposure scale. Not a dB scale. It quantifies the one fact you laid out that is correct: no suppressor is safe for very high volume, at least for supersonic rifle cartridges. This is clear in his rating system which takes into account exposure intensity and duration. According to osha you are taking your braked 7 mag from probably 165 dB down to maybe ~145 dB with muffs and plugs. Doubling up ear pro only adds 5 dB reduction even if it's 33 NRR muffs with 30 NRR plugs. A suppressor does a better job. If you want to be safe get a suppressor and shoot with plugs.

As to you friend saying the crack is the problem with semi autos it's not. The bolt is unlocking while the system is still pressurized to a point. That hot gas venting right next your ear is the problem. Even a 300 blk sub has that and is probably similar is exposure to a bolt action with super sonics suppressed due to the close proximity of the origin to your ear. The higher the residual pressure when unlocking, the louder.

I just received and tested a few shots threw my Tbac Dominus ti CB. WOW! Absolutely awesome shooting experience. Report is very similar to a 17 from a 24" 300 prc.
It's a total of 10 oz with brake mount, and 6.75 inches long. It's mounted on included brake. Highly recommend.
I'll say the recoil wasn't noticably different from a 5 port beast brake, but that was only a few shots so I'll know more later.
I have a Dominus, a 30P-1, and a Harvester. The Dominus is my hands down favorite so far. I have used it on a 10.5" AR pistol, 18" 556 AR for coyotes, 18" 6.5 creed, 28" 6.5 creed, and a 24" 223 bolt gun. They say it falls between the Ultra 7 and 9 on sound. Check out their new Magnus line before you buy.