Supreme 780

Any idea what winchester is using in there 300 win mag loads? 81 grains of something in 150 gr power points loads. It is a ball powder. I figured it was 780 according to what is listed in their reloading data.

Any idea what winchester is using in there 300 win mag loads? 81 grains of something in 150 gr power points loads. It is a ball powder. I figured it was 780 according to what is listed in their reloading data.
It could be but the majors blend and do not offer to the market

Did they come out with something similar to Supreme 780? Haven't used it but at one point tried to for a 7mm WSM load.

Did they come out with something similar to Supreme 780? Haven't used it but at one point tried to for a 7mm WSM load.
They brought out a new temp insensitive ball named 6.5 staball. It may work with the 150 but I think it is too fast for anything heavier. For the 6 and 6.5 creed, 270, 30-06 300 wsm with light bullets it gives the fastest velocity of all. Go to hodgdons reloading sight and check it out. Some cartridges I know it would work great in you will not see it. They so far have only did the most popular

well i read somewhere that winchester loaded all their ammo with just a couple of types of powder and the magnums were all loaded with supreme 780. however i don't know how old that info was when i read it. i do know they still list is on their reloading data. i bought a box of 150 gr extreme point just to sight in the new gun then i pulled the bullets from the others and weighed the charges and it was 81.0 +/- .1 or .2 gr for the other 15 rounds. i cut that to 74 gr and loaded up some 178 eldx at .015, .03, and .05 off the lands just to see what length would be best for my tc pro hunter. well velocity was 3050 fps and the largest group was just over .5" and the other 2 had tight tight clovers. my re 25 and imr7828 won't come under 1.5" so far. hence why i started looking for the supreme 780. but if it isn't available i will just have to find something else. i have some re 23 but haven't loaded it yet. i try to save it for my 7 stw. i dont see anything from winchester on the burn rate charts that is close to the 780 which also leads me to believe it is what they are using still.

Try H4831 or H4350 in your 300 win. I have had great results. H1000 with heavy bullets. I think R23 is too fast for your stw. If heavier bullets try retumbo. Light try R26.

Try H4831 or H4350 in your 300 win. I have had great results. H1000 with heavy bullets. I think R23 is too fast for your stw. If heavier bullets try retumbo. Light try R26.
I just think you should forget about 780. Unless you happen to run across somebody with a stash it is not available.

I liked 780 too!
You will find either H1000 or RRTUMBO will fill the void.
Interesting you can't tighten up your RE25 loads...I use it with 180gr AB's and get 3/8 MoA with it. It is also good with 200gr AB's with 1/2 MoA.

Cheers.

well i read somewhere that winchester loaded all their ammo with just a couple of types of powder and the magnums were all loaded with supreme 780. however i don't know how old that info was when i read it. i do know they still list is on their reloading data. i bought a box of 150 gr extreme point just to sight in the new gun then i pulled the bullets from the others and weighed the charges and it was 81.0 +/- .1 or .2 gr for the other 15 rounds. i cut that to 74 gr and loaded up some 178 eldx at .015, .03, and .05 off the lands just to see what length would be best for my tc pro hunter. well velocity was 3050 fps and the largest group was just over .5" and the other 2 had tight tight clovers. my re 25 and imr7828 won't come under 1.5" so far. hence why i started looking for the supreme 780. but if it isn't available i will just have to find something else. i have some re 23 but haven't loaded it yet. i try to save it for my 7 stw. i dont see anything from winchester on the burn rate charts that is close to the 780 which also leads me to believe it is what they are using still.
Just wondering if you ever found any information about the 780? I am thinking about going on the dark web.