Winchester Supreme 780

scoutm

I've been looking at a number of powders and Supreme 780 seems to pop up in a lot of my searches but without much detail. It seems like a pretty versatile powder but not a "go to" powder for anyone.

Is that because it works OK for many but not great for any?

Anyone with experiences good or bad with it?

I'm considering it for three different cartridges - 260 Rem, .264WM and 300WSM.

Would really like to hear from those with specific experiences - velocity/Accuracy.

Thanks.

I have no direct experience yet...Have a new keg in the garage. I have read it is temperature sensitive,and used in many factory Winchester loads. Hodgdon shows it to be a top performer in many mid sized cases. I am going to try it in 6.5x284 and 7mmWSM.

Just saying I'd like to hear from experienced users too. Thanks.

I also have a new container of this powder but have never tried it. I think it should be good but Winchester is no longer marketing it and who knows if it will be on the market again.

Over there years, this is the second or third Winchester powder in the burning rate range of Winchester Supreme 780 all of which have been discontinued.

I use it to reload for my buddy's .300 WSM. It yields a .5" accuracy in his sako Finlight.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts