Suppressor owners question

4xforfun

Just got my first can. Going to use it on multiple guns. Thunerbeast with the break and the little washers to time it. Set up, timed, and zeroed 4 BBLs last night. I have extra washers so the washers stay on the BBL when not in use. Makes switching between guns simple.

The question is......do you get any POI issues when installing and then re-installing the can on the same tube at a later date, or do you need to re zero? My worry is LR and ELR impacts.

My guess is no. I guess I could test, but am on crutches and is a PITA to gather everything for a range trip.

Thanks,
Tod

Once zeroed with the can the only POI shift I ever had is when the can starts to unthread, this causes an immediate 1 MOA shift down. As long as the can is on tight then you shouldn't have any issues.

The only measurable difference that I have ever experienced is between when it has a can and when it doesn't. A lot of mine are direct thread. I have a big, heavy, very quiet 30 cal can; it makes a significant shift of impact on several rifles. This has always been repeatable, meaning if the can moved the impact 4 MOA it did that every time. I can also count on the impact with the can on being in the same place when screwed on at a later time. I know in a pinch the difference in impact if needed for a quick shot with Kentucky windage.

I've lucked out before and only had a difference between muzzle device/muzzle device + can and none. Meaning that I could shoot the rifle with a muzzle device only and muzzle device plus can and hit same POI, but if I took off the muzzle device it was different.

The only way to know for sure is to test.

You should get multiple TBAC CBs and leave them on the barrel. Then, swapping/installing the suppressor is super easy, fast, and toolless.

I have three TBACs. An Ultra 9, Ultra 7, and a Dominus. I plan to order and Ultra 5 next year as well. I have CBs on all my rifles that I shoot suppressed (10 rifles) and swapping the suppressor back and forth shows zero signs of POI zero between removal/reinstallation. Just make sure they are tight. A loose can will definitely affect both POI and accuracy.

My rifles are usually around 2" low at 100 yards without the suppressor. Dead on at 100 with the suppressor. Taking suppressor off and back on results in zero shift. Suppressors include 6.5 Ultra 7, 30 cal Ultra 7, and Dominus. All with CB.

Also, if you only shoot the rifle suppressed, you don't need the peel washers.

My rifles are usually around 2" low at 100 yards without the suppressor. Dead on at 100 with the suppressor. Taking suppressor off and back on results in zero shift. Suppressors include 6.5 Ultra 7, 30 cal Ultra 7, and Dominus. All with CB.

Also, if you only shoot the rifle suppressed, you don't need the peel washers.
TBAC says that The Brake and the can should be orientated in a certain way. That means when shooting suppressed. Am I reading the directions wrong? Like I said....my first can.

You should get multiple TBAC CBs and leave them on the barrel. Then, swapping/installing the suppressor is super easy, fast, and toolless.

I have three TBACs. An Ultra 9, Ultra 7, and a Dominus. I plan to order and Ultra 5 next year as well. I have CBs on all my rifles that I shoot suppressed (10 rifles) and swapping the suppressor back and forth shows zero signs of POI zero between removal/reinstallation. Just make sure they are tight. A loose can will definitely affect both POI and accuracy.
Any thoughts on the newer SR connection?

TBAC says that The Brake and the can should be orientated in a certain way. That means when shooting suppressed. Am I reading the directions wrong? Like I said....my first can.
Orientation matters when you wish to shoot without the suppressor and the Compact Brake still attached. The orientation of the CB doesn't matter when the suppressor is attached.

I swapped out all my CBs for the Area 419 system. That way, if I want to use brake only, I have a legitimate brake (hellfire match). It's also less expensive than CBs in the long run, and can be used across multiple suppressor brands.

Orientation matters when you wish to shoot without the suppressor and the Compact Brake still attached. The orientation of the CB doesn't matter when the suppressor is attached.
Well....that would make things a LOT simpler. But they also say that the writing on the can should also be TDC. Why would that matter?

Thanks,
Tod

My experience: yes, the can shifts POI on every gun. However once you learn how much better you and your rifle shoot with a can, shooting the same gun without is just dumb. So, around here, the can goes on and stays on.

Tbac makes a new brake that doesn't require timing. Get those and install on each rifle.

Taking can off and in has never changed my zero. In fact going from a dominus to a ultra has zero affect on my zero on 3 rifles. Tbac stuff is legit.

My experience: yes, the can shifts POI on every gun. However once you learn how much better you and your rifle shoot with a can, shooting the same gun without is just dumb. So, around here, the can goes on and stays on.
The question was......after you have a zero with the can, does the POI shift when the can is taken off and RE-INSTALLED ?