STW reload

bkondeff

Just got my hands on a pre-owned STW. Seller said it shot the factory Fed Premium 160 accubonds well. He also said they don't make it anymore, and even if they did you probably couldn't find it. Was wondering if anyone here in Brotherhood new what powder would reproduce that load?

PS I chose not to buy Nosler 160 Accubond loads as I feel pretty sure they use H1000 and I already have that.

Mine shot those very well, too. Still got 3-5 boxes of them laying unopened in the safe from before I started reloading. They did quit making them a couple years back. This is twice Federal has discontinued factory ammo my rifles have enjoyed. First time was the Fed Premium 7mm RemMag P7RK, which was factory loaded Barnes TSX that were XLC coated. My first Browning A-Bolt II absolutely LOVED that stuff. A-Bolt got stolen. Then I started handloading. I started loading the 160 Accubonds for my old Ruger 77 MKII 7Mag and it loved them. Then I started loading them for my new A-Bolt II and have been shooting them for a while. Now I shoot the Berger 168 VLD's for my 7mm's. For my STW I shoot the Berger 180 VLD's and my Sendero SF loves them.

Can you share your load recipie for the 180 vld bergers??????

How far off the lands did you have to go?????

thanks odavid

My 180 load is with them just touching the lands, but I need to back them off a couple thousandths, as it might be causing me excess pressure and premature brass wear. I'm using 75.5gr of H1000 with Federal 215M primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.