Stuck RWS case in a 300 mag

Firearrow

So I was out shooting today and after about the 12th round, my case got stuck. I have about 400 rounds down this tube and have always used RWS brass. The only difference was this brass that I was shooting today was My rifle was built buy Kevin at Montour County Rifles and he said he doesn't turn a tight chamber.

So this was how I preped the cases, and have always done it this way without problems. Neck sized, used expander mandril, primed and seated the billets. There were no swipes on the brass, primers were a little flat. All of the Virginia brass headspaced below what I bump it. Plus, same load as I have always used.

I was able to get the case out with a wooden dowl and rubber mallet. The wowed thing is all of the OD measurements of the stuck case match up to my other spent cases. The only noticeable different was te stuck case had a cratered primer but no swipe.

So long story short, has anyone else had a RWS case get stuck before?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.