Stock question?

Nimrod1203

Ok, so I've seen a few ready to ship stocks for Long action Remmy's. I've got a medium palma coming, but the problem is most of these stocks are for rem varmint/sendero. my question is has anyone put a medium palma in a sendero stock? I know they're close, but how do the gaps look? Pics would be nice....thanks everyone!
Nimrod

I ordered a HS Precision PST 036 directly from HS. The guy I talked to was Kent, who informed me I was good to go with a heavy Palma. Which would require very little to no modifications for the fit. I guess it would depend on the brand and model of stock you go with. Any reason you picked the medium over the heavy Palma? Was it a weight issue?

This is going to be a walking/lr rig. Heavy palma adds another pound. to me, i don't need a really heavy barrel if i'm not shooting long strings of prolonged fire, and the medium gives me a good balance between stability and stiffness, without making it too bulky. It's going to be 27 inches finished, so weight was definately a consideration. Really, for my application, there wouldn't be enough gain in a heavy palma to warrant the additional weight. I like the sendero size, but the medium is SLIGHTLY smaller....and i like the straight tapered look of the palma. To me, unless you're going 20" barrel, there isn't any reason to go heavy barrel....thats my .02 to it....
Nimrod

Ok, so I've seen a few ready to ship stocks for Long action Remmy's. I've got a medium palma coming, but the problem is most of these stocks are for rem varmint/sendero. my question is has anyone put a medium palma in a sendero stock? I know they're close, but how do the gaps look? Pics would be nice....thanks everyone!
Nimrod

have you looked at manners i use them i also use bell and carlson

I've just ordered manners actually. There were just a few mcmillan's that were ready to ship, but they had sendero/rem varmint channels. I was going to see if anyone had used a sendero stock with a medium palma barrel, just to save 12-16 weeks. but already ordered one.
Nimrod

I've already got the barrel ordered. It'll be here the end of march. There were just a few stocks ready to go that were sendero contoured not medium palma....the reason i started this thread was to see if anyone had put a medium palma barrel into a sendero channeled stock to see how it fit. The reason i was interested was to keep from having to wait on a stock to be built. but alas, i've ordered a custom stock to fit perfect...blueprinted remmy action, rock creek medium palma barrel, manners t2 stock, egw 20 moa rail, and vortex viper pst 6-24x50 MOA....I've got all the parts ordered, just waiting on the barrel and stock now...
Nimrod

I've already got the barrel ordered. It'll be here the end of march. There were just a few stocks ready to go that were sendero contoured not medium palma....the reason i started this thread was to see if anyone had put a medium palma barrel into a sendero channeled stock to see how it fit. The reason i was interested was to keep from having to wait on a stock to be built. but alas, i've ordered a custom stock to fit perfect...blueprinted remmy action, rock creek medium palma barrel, manners t2 stock, egw 20 moa rail, and vortex viper pst 6-24x50 MOA....I've got all the parts ordered, just waiting on the barrel and stock now...
Nimrod

i understand these are the rifle we build they are Rock barrels but carbon tac drivers
Jense Precision i opened my shop here in oregon used to build for them

I have used med palma barrels in 5 different sendero stocks without problems. If the parallel shank at the breech end is abnormally long, the barrel may touch the stock slightly forward of the recoil lug. An appropriate sized deep well socket and sandpaper can be used to relieve the stock in this area if necessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.