Stock question

coonhunter

I am currently looking at parts for my next build. I have an A5 McMillan on my 338 edge. I love it for prone shooting but I find it pretty uncomfortable for other positions. This is going to be more of an all around hunting rifle woth the ability to shoot some fairly long distance too. What are some stocks that work good for this. I like the looks of the manners eh2 and eh3. I have never handled one though.

Manners EH1. Very easy to shoot prone, sitting, off-hand in my opinion.

Manners EH2. Very easy to shoot sitting, off-hand. Prone is still comfortable as well. Similar.to the EH3, just a touch more drop at the heel.

McMillan Game Scout. Nice all-around carry rifle stock.

McMillan Adjustable Game Warden. Similar to the Game Scout, but wider formed and adjustable of course.

Manners PRS2. Haven't shot behind it yet, but feels a lot like the EH1 but adjustable cheek.

Just the pillars. No chassis.
I ordered mine from their flat top selection, and had it inletted to my specs. Took 5.5 weeks and I had it in my hot little hands.
Lone Peak Fuzion TI SA
Proof Research Sendero
M5 DBM

Just the pillars. No chassis.
I ordered mine from their flat top selection, and had it inletted to my specs. Took 5.5 weeks and I had it in my hot little hands.
Lone Peak Fuzion TI SA
Proof Research Sendero
M5 DBM
Exactly what I am wanting to build for a 22 creedmoor, cept will probably run a crux ti or Curtis action cuz I like short bolt lift.

Manners EH1. Very easy to shoot prone, sitting, off-hand in my opinion.

Manners EH2. Very easy to shoot sitting, off-hand. Prone is still comfortable as well. Similar.to the EH3, just a touch more drop at the heel.

McMillan Game Scout. Nice all-around carry rifle stock.

McMillan Adjustable Game Warden. Similar to the Game Scout, but wider formed and adjustable of course.

Manners PRS2. Haven't shot behind it yet, but feels a lot like the EH1 but adjustable cheek.
Thanks.

That is what I was looking for. I am leaning toward the eh2.

That is probably a similar rifle to what I am going for. What are the spec on it if you don't mind me asking. I am thinking a Stiller predator action. Probably 300 win mag. Would like to keep the weight 8-9 lbs.
R700 BDL LA trued by Phx Custom Rifles
PCR "Stubby Tac" knob
PTG .300 recoil lug
26" Bartlein #3b fluted 1:8.5" plus APA Micro Bastard brake
Cerakote Armor Black
Manners EH2 bedded
Factory alloy Rem BDL bottom metal
Timney Calvin Elite @ 8oz
Seekins alloy 20MOA Picatinny rail
Seekins alloy 34mm low rings
S&B PMII 3-20×50 MTC LT w. H2CMR
Flatline Ops level
Weighs 9lbs 10oz IIRC with the heavy scope
7RM pushing a 180 Hybrid @ 2996fps or a 184 Hybrid @ 3055fps

I have a similar build in .280AI that weighs a bit less
R700 BDL LA trued by Axisworks
PTG Fluted bolt, alloy bolt shroud, M16 extractor, carbon fiber bolt knob, TI firing pin and Wolfe Blitzschnell spring
26" Proof Sendero Light 1:9" plus Hawkins 3 port brake
Cerakote Armor Black
Manners EH1 bedded
Factory Rem BDL bottom metal
Shilen match trigger @ 1.5#
Seekins alloy 20MOA Picatinny rail
Seekins alloy 30mm medium rings
March F 3-24×52 illuminated w. FML-1
Flatline Ops level
Weighs 8lbs 13oz w. Scope
.280AI pushing a 175 Berger Elite Hunter @ 3030fps or a 160 TMK (speed TBD)

I have a manners mcs-TA on order that I'm hoping fits this bill for me. I am hoping it to be comfy prone for LR as well as in a tree stand climber.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.