Stock Options?

fmajor

I'm working up prices for a LRH rifle and i'm looking at stocks.

I saw a couple interesting Bell & Carlson offerings. They *look* like a pretty sweet deal - especially for the price, but the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" keeps repeating in my head. Here's the link:

Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A2 Style Remington 700 SPS BDL Savage 10/12 Weatherby Vanguard Howa 1500 Vertical Grip 2092, 2096, 2997, 2998 & 2999

another variant:

Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A3 Hook Style Series 2956 Long Range Remington 700 Short Action Stock

Anyone have an opinion about these guys?

I know the McMillan and Manners stocks are premium, but they're a couple hundred more. That kinda money would spend much nicer on better optics....

liltank

Anyone? No one?!?

A lot of guys are using the Medalist for their Savages and getting good results. I am leaning toward that direction just because it will be more affordable than a McMillian A-5. Any of the three would work just fine. B&C make good stocks. Go for the A3 with the hook!

Tank

bigngreen

I put a Medalist on my Savage 12 and I would consider it one of my best purchases. Very well made, everything dropped in perfectly. It completely changed how the gun shot and how I shot it.
It is a win win situation in my book.

asa

I know this is not what you asked , but Joel Russo makes some very nice laminate stocks. I have a A5L and love it. He has lots of options also. I can tell you that you will never deal with a better guy.

liltank

I know this is not what you asked , but Joel Russo makes some very nice laminate stocks. I have a A5L and love it. He has lots of options also. I can tell you that you will never deal with a better guy.

Is he the Micro Fit stock guy?

Tank

fmajor

Thanks Everyone!

Yup, gotta try to keep prices down as it all adds it up....

fmajor

Thanks everyone!

Oh my word!!! Those are some beauty stocks - prices? specs (weight/foul-weather problems ready/etc)?

Does the laminated wood compress at all over time in the recoil areas (presuming aluminum bedding pillars/block)?

Thx!

frank

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce