Stock Advice

Jud96

Hey all, I am currently in the process of putting together a .284 Win on a Remington 700 long action and I want to get a new stock for this build. The barrel is a Bartlein #3 and I am trying to keep the complete rifle as light as I can. It will be a do all rifle from in the woods hunting to 600-700 yards shots.

I really want the stock to be under 3lbs and the lighter the better. I have mainly narrowed my search down to the B&C Light Hunter, Grayboe Outlander, and Mc3 styled after the McMillan Game Scout. If anyone has any experience or advice for the stocks I am looking at, or any others in that price range, I would very much appreciate it. I would really prefer a stock with palm swells, and I am not sure if the B&C or Outlander have them or not. My favorite stock to date, that I have ever held is the McMillan Hunter, but I really don't want to spend the $550-600 on one haha. Thanks guys.

Well I picked up a stock the other day. It's a Remington ADL laminated,
Monte Carlo style take off. I wasn't even looking for something like that, but I love the look and feel of those stocks so I picked it up for a great price. I'm going to pillar bed it and freefloat the barrel channel. Should make for a great hunting stock.

You want a sporter style stock, or a target/LR hunting hybrid with a higher comb for good cheek weld? Check out ag composites for several options, most all under 2# and very nice options from sporter to adjustable LR hunting. I have one their thumbholes on order for a 338 rum build.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.