Rifle stock advice

Guinness

Greetings,

I would appreciate anyone's input regarding the two following rifle stocks by McMillan.

A-3 Sporter and HTG (M40A1 sniper design).

I'm building a rifle and can't decide which model to choose as I have no experience with McMillan or alot of experience with long(er) range hunting and shooting. The rifle will sport a #5 Broughton barrel which is similar to a Sendero contour and will be used as a hunting rifle in flat and steep country.

Thanks for any rifle stock advice you might provide.

JR

Greetings,

I would appreciate anyone's input regarding the two following rifle stocks by McMillan.

A-3 Sporter and HTG (M40A1 sniper design).

I'm building a rifle and can't decide which model to choose as I have no experience with McMillan or alot of experience with long(er) range hunting and shooting. The rifle will sport a #5 Broughton barrel which is similar to a Sendero contour and will be used as a hunting rifle in flat and steep country.

Thanks for any rifle stock advice you might provide.

JR

Both of the stock a you are contemplating are great ones. The m40a1 model is similar to the sendero stock, while the A3 has the near vertical pistol grip. Each have their vertues . McMillan stock quality is awesome, and if used as a " drop in" you are fine, but if / when you bed it, it will really shine. You can't go wrong with a MAC, you just have to decide which is better for your need! ( hint, the A3 is tacticool).
PS, nice barrel choice too!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.