Stiller Predator Action

hi Keithp
i have sent you a email.

but i have some on the way anyway. i was just seeing what the long range boys thought of them.
thanks
colin

Gentleman

I ordered one last Febuary (06) and recieved it about End of May begining of June. Its a long Action Single Shot. It will replace my 1000 Yard NRA Rifle Witch is a long Remmy Chambered in ( of Course) 6.5X284. The over all finish & Fit seem to be very good. I wasnt all excited about the SAKO extractor as most people are but the bolt release is on the side of the action like a SAKO wich I really like. No more reaching under the trigger to remove the bolt! It came in a Dull finish ( in the white). So a couple of weeks a go or so I took it to the buffer wheel & polished it up since it will not be a hunting rifle. Its realy shiney now. I like a bigger knob then what came on the bolt handle so that will get cut off & threaded. A new Kelby trigger should look good on it as well. I have ordered 2 Rock Creek Barrels for it & Still have not recieved them after 7 months. The action came with a Pinned recoil lug also so I really liked that. Im waiting on the stock also so hopefully it will be up & running by spring time.
This is my opinion on custom action vs. Factory. If you have a Remmy that you are shooting now & are going to do a custom gun on I think you are going to save some money. But if you have to go out & buy one then scavange the action from it then this action will be better hands down. The rifle I use now for Long Range is Very accurate. It doesnt even have bushings on the bolt to tighten the end play on this LOOONG action. Its good enough to set two state records & finish 6th in the coveted Wimboldon Match at Camp Perry ( 200-11X out of 200-20X possable. I have a LAwton action comming also & that was priced very respectable also. He is out of Montana.

Russ T

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.