Stiller Predator Action

EddieHarren

I put a barrel on a new Predator action yesterday. These actions are as fine as any I've ever seen. Final machining and finish are superb. You get everything that you would get with a "blueprinted" Rem 700 plus a Sako type extractor and a pinned lug. Hard to beat for the money.

[ QUOTE ]
I put a barrel on a new Predator action yesterday. These actions are as fine as any I've ever seen. Final machining and finish are superb. You get everything that you would get with a "blueprinted" Rem 700 plus a Sako type extractor and a pinned lug. Hard to beat for the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi m8

could you keep me informed of the progress of this action
as i am thinking of importing them to the UK instead of blue printing.
as with the cost of buying the donor action,and then blue printing it,well you know the score.

how long was the delivery time?????
and did they deliver on the time quoted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thans
colin.

BuffaloBob, caliber is 17 Javelina AI.

Col48, I'm not sure how long it took to get the action. The customer sent Stiller a copy of my FFL and Stiller shipped it to me. I will definitly keep you posted on the actions progress. I'm working on a cooper for the same customer. I wish I had as good a report to make on it

Does it have a three peice bolt like the 700? How is the bolt handle attatched to the bolt body? So it has the Sako type extractor.......nice! I'm looking at one but just "started" my search. I wonder if you could put a bolt shroud safty on one like you can the 700? Are the parts such as the fireing pin and spring interchangable with the 700? Wow......guess I had better call Stiller and ask all these questions myself! FNMauser

[ QUOTE ]
Does it have a three peice bolt like the 700? How is the bolt handle attatched to the bolt body? So it has the Sako type extractor.......nice! I'm looking at one but just "started" my search. I wonder if you could put a bolt shroud safty on one like you can the 700? Are the parts such as the fireing pin and spring interchangable with the 700? Wow......guess I had better call Stiller and ask all these questions myself! FNMauser

[/ QUOTE ]

if you do m8
stick the answers up hear,as like i have said,i am sorting out the paper work to import actions or barreled actions from the USA.
thanks
Colin

[ QUOTE ]
Col,
Put that action out at a pound for dollar price and you can put me on your list of customers right now.

Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

ye no probes m8
shoot me your email and when i order my first few,i will stick you one on the shipment,if i can get them over at the right price.
i will get you a firm price (and a fair price)but it might take a couple of weeks to sort out the paperwork,so until i get this in place i am not contacting them,as i don't want to mess them about.
hear is my email add if you want to shoot me yours so i can get in touch when things get rolling

[email protected]

thanks
colin

I have one of the repeater actions along with a Krieger 1-12 and McMillan waiting at SG&Y to be made into a super varmint eradicator in 6mmx284.

I made a huge mistake: ordered one and one of the Predators, first runs. Went to Sniper Hide to alert the troops about the great quality. Got sondly accused of trying to sneak in a un paid commercial!! Lots of covering fire laid down and no retreating here. Since I have side by side comparisons of Remmy with all the treatments, Go Predator!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Overbore

[ QUOTE ]
I made a huge mistake: ordered one and one of the Predators, first runs. Went to Sniper Hide to alert the troops about the great quality. Got sondly accused of trying to sneak in a un paid commercial!! Lots of covering fire laid down and no retreating here. Since I have side by side comparisons of Remmy with all the treatments, Go Predator!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Overbore

[/ QUOTE ]

hi m8
have you got one of the predators up and running.
if so could you find the time to post what you think of them.
or if not what do you think of the quality,and are they a better way to go than a blue print job
thanks
Colin

I have single shot up and running. The bolt came with the Remington type extarctor and a welded bolt handle. The bolt and handle are hard chromed and have the Rem bolt shroud. It wears a 29 inch hart 8 twist barrel chambered in a 243PMS. It set in a Shehane baby tracker stock and a Burns trigger. It is a very smooth and tight fitting bolt, I believe with about .002 clearance. So far with 70 3 shot targets shot it has averaged in the low 6's with 107 Sierra and and 95 gr Bergers. I have had problems finding the correct powder for the case size and have decided on RL 19 which has shrunk the groups with 107 to the low .2's and high .1's. Yes. It is a better action than a blueprinted action well ever be at that price.

Colin

If you pm me i can help you with the predator action , i am already importing them to the UK.

One rifle has been built in the uk and a number of actions already sold .

Keith
TWG Technical services

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.