Sticky bedded action

Firearrow

Was going to strip down my rifle and give it a wipe down, and then check the torque on my action screws. 65 in/lbs for an HS that has a Rem right????? When I went to remove the action from the stock, a HS stock that had the action bedded, it didn't want to come out.

So of course I thouth to get my rubber mallet and give it a whack or two. Then I thought I would ask if this is a good idea first.

Was going to strip down my rifle and give it a wipe down, and then check the torque on my action screws. 65 in/lbs for an HS that has a Rem right????? When I went to remove the action from the stock, a HS stock that had the action bedded, it didn't want to come out.

So of course I thouth to get my rubber mallet and give it a whack or two. Then I thought I would ask if this is a good idea first.

It won't hurt to tap it with a rubber mallet. I usually put the butt on the floor, hold firmly on the fore end, and tap the underside of the barrel. This should easily free it. If not, there is something going on that is pretty unusual. You may have to relieve the FRONT of the barrel lug channel a little if it is a persistent problem........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.