Steel plate/target setups on plublic land

stiff neck

Let's see your "portable" long range steel plate/target setups for places where you can't leave them up.

I shoot on public land and need a portable system. One target is easy, but it's nice to have several out at different distances at the same time. That can get costly and takes time setting up and taking it down. Portable bases sometimes cost as much as the steel plate. It's easier if you have a permanently installed base and just hang plates as needed.

Any cost effective methods of discretely installing permanent bases in the ground (out of plain sight), then hanging steel when you arrive? Like a 2x4 and a bag of quickcrete for example for $10 per setup.

Then how do you prefer to mount the plates?

What works for you?

I second the T Posts and T Post hangers from I believe Cave and Field also with their targets. The work great, seconds to set up and take down and are really well made.

I am a public land manager. Been doing it my whole adult life. I will say that Letter of the law you probably aren't supposed to be doing that. But if your going to and believe me plenty of folks do (I know of three different steel ranges set up discreetly on my district alone) just use t posts and hangers.

I use T posts with hangers from Weston's steel targets. Easy to drive in the middle of the desert and install T posts as I go.
This. I use these at home too. You can put multiples on one post or one each
I use

1666877085867.png