Starline Brass

Rflshootr

Does anyone have experience with Starline rifle brass? I bought some and I would just like to hear if my experiences are the same as others.

I have and use star line in 6mm creedmoor, 6.5 creedmoor, and 243 win. It has worked very well for me and when I need to order more it will be starline.

I have some starline brass I'm using in AR-10 in 308. It's been ok. Ive had one unfired round that wouldn't eject. The extractor just stripped the brass off the rim of the case. The case wasn't stuck in the chamber. When I just touched it with a cleaning rod, the cartridge fell out. Im on the first firing of 50 cases and so far that's been an isolated incident.

I have 3 separate lots of 6.5 CM with LR primer pockets and have found them to be very uniform with in each lot and also uniform between the separate lots. Primer pockets still snug after 3rd firing with relatively hot loads. Have been sizing with Lee Collet die and have yet to have any chambering resistance. All fired in Bergara B14 HMR.

The only ones that I have heard of having troubles, were the ones that had to fire form to Wildcat cartridges. It appears to be on the hard side. If you have a SAMMI chamber and don't get tricky with sizing I have not heard any bad reports.

I use lots of it in my pistols (Straight sided) and have not had any trouble with it.

J E CUSTOM

I've been shooting it in 7-08 with good results. Took 2 firings to fully fit the chamber with stout loads. I took 4 brass and ran max pressure loads as an experiment, anealed 2 after third shot. Went to 6 firings and primer pockets still tight as first firings. Plan to run those till they fail.

Used them for years in handgun and 223 in IPSC/USPSA competition and it's still the best! Now use it in 6mm Creedmoor and also size them into 22 Creedmoor and they work well

I use Starline for many of my rifle calibers. 243, 6.5 CM (SRP), 270 WIN, 7-08, and even 223 brass to neck down for my 20P. All have functioned very well.

Anyone shot their RIFLE brass?

I've used 10mm brass that I have had good results with. I also have some 45-70 nickel plated brass that seems to be a bit thicker, however never any issues with it. I like the nickel plated 10mm brass, however will not order the 45-70 nickel plated brass and will stick with the unplated brass in the future. No primer pocket issues whatsoever.

I started using Starline for 10mm & 480 Ruger, never a problem, and now use for various rifles calibers as well. Never an issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts