spotting scopes???

jeff 300

should i go with a kowa 82mm or a nikon field scope 82mm. has any one used the nikon? there close to the same price 1200.00 but i just have never looked in a nikon.

I have had the Kowa 82mm from the first year of production. I can only tell you how it stacks up against the vary high dollar scopes. The Kowa glass beats the 2,000 dollar scopes hands down. This is the opinion of shooters that have compared my glass to there's. I do not know about the Nikon spotting scopes, but I do know their rifle scopes look vary good from the inside out. I would have to have them side by side, focus at the same object to know which was better and would hope it was not a vary clear day when I compared the two. Then I want to see the same objects through both while I loose the light of the day. The test would be how long I could still make out detail with each scope. This would be the way I would pick the winner. Just remember these scopes are not the scope you will pack around to hunt with, unless you are in your twenties that is.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.