Spotting Scopes?

Lahunter76

Just getting some opinions on spotting scopes. Will be used to hunt out west (elk,mule deer) some and white tails down south and also target shooting, would like to get the iPhone adapter where I can video my shots and such and or animals.

Thanks for any info

There are many great spotters. Best for you depends on:
Packing Far - Weight & size
For identification or locating game?
Price range?
Straight or Angled

Our pleasure to discuss different options with you if you'd like to give a call, 516-217-1000
Happy 4th
Doug

For hunting I use a Leupold 15-30X50 that is small and lightweight with excellent glass. I even use it at times to spot bullet holes on shoot n c targets at 200 yards which works on days that temps are cool and mirage is not bad. But works excellently at 100 yards. But it seems that you want to take videos so you probably need a larger objective. What ever you do buy a scope with ED or HD glass, they cost more but are worth the money.

Ty! Yes I do have a budget and was looking at some of the leupold Spotting Scopes. Even tho I have a budget I want something that later on I am not having buyers remorse for not getting the better glass

I also believe I would want the angled one, as far as what my budget it, I would like to keep it $850 or less if possible.

Last edited:
These Leupold spotters seem to be the best bang for the buck to me. Very easy to look through. Most are anything but easy to look through. Very clear and sharp for the money.

Concur on the 12-40 GR HD. I had one last year and eye relief, glass, size and weight are all a very good package. The price on the one above is a really good deal. I sold mine used for $900 two months back it had the reticle but I didn't like it and one of the main reasons for selling. Other was I liked the finger focus vs barrel focus.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.