Spotting scopes

I run a real old leupold 15-45x60.baby kowa 554 and kowa 774 been nice.Going to thin out those and down size

Swarovski STS 20-60 HD
Everyone that uses it comments about how clear and easy to use it is.

how are you planning on using it , hunting or range use ? if you're planning on range use , have you thought about a camera ?

They are for different things the 554 light pack scope,the other much larger use out of the rig mainly or antelope hunting

Makes sense. I'm moving to wa state and looking to upgrade my spotter game for bears and black tails and then it's always good for mulies

What spotting scopes is everyone running?
Hensoldt Spotter 60; 20-60x72 folded light path (Got as "free"....NOT......rebate with my Barrett MRAD MK22 Deployment Kit....no free lunches applies)
NightForce Xtreme High Definition TS82 kit....20-72 x 85 angled
Vortex Razor HD 27-60 x 85 angled plus 22X reticle eye piece
Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50 straight; Great pack scope.
Bushnell Legend T 15-45x60 FFP MIL-hash reticle This is a great value in a reticle folded light path scope on Amazon at $600MSRP; often on sale at $380ish....actually got mine free......closest thing to free lunch....... with Amazon points at sale price.
Run primarily graphite tripods of several manufacturers with and without ball heads of various mfg and Manfroto pistol grip trigger ball head.
Each scope has its specific application. The Henny is Tony-the-Tiger G-R-E-A-T for optics weight, size, accessories, features, folded light path, reticle optic....get what one pays for IMHO. Optics are as the adage "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." YMMV
Really like the Henny and Bushnell scope covers from Triad Tactical.
Often use variations of smartphone adapters with smartphone on scopes for two-eye area glassing, picture/video. Less eye fatigue, and better in close peripheral situational awareness when glassing in nasty toothed, clawed critter country. Adapters include direct mount PhoneScope, and two wi-fi adapters.....SME SpotShot and LongShot formerly (Target Vision) Hawk......scope to smartphone/tablet.

Last edited:
Hensoldt Spotter 60; 20-60x72 folded light path (Got as "free"....NOT......rebate with my Barrett MRAD MK22 Deployment Kit....no free lunches applies)
NightForce Xtreme High Definition TS82 kit....20-72 x 85 angled
Vortex Razor HD 27-60 x 85 angled plus 22X reticle eye piece
Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50 straight; Great pack scope.
Bushnell Legend T 15-45x60 FFP MIL-hash reticle This is a great value in a reticle folded light path scope on Amazon at $600MSRP; often on sale at $380ish....actually got mine free......closest thing to free lunch....... with Amazon points at sale price.
Run primarily graphite tripods of several manufacturers with and without ball heads of various mfg and Manfroto pistol grip trigger ball head.
Each scope has its specific application. The Henny is Tony-the-Tiger G-R-E-A-T for optics weight, size, accessories, features, folded light path, reticle optic....get what one pays for IMHO. Optics are as the adage "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." YMMV
Really like the Henny and Bushnell scope covers from Triad Tactical.
Often use variations of smartphone adapters with smartphone on scopes for two-eye area glassing, picture/video. Less eye fatigue, and better in close peripheral situational awareness when glassing in nasty toothed, clawed critter country. Adapters include direct mount PhoneScope, and two wi-fi adapters.....SME SpotShot and LongShot formerly (Target Vision) Hawk.
Thanks for taking the time to break it down. Good info.