Spotting scope vs 15x56 binoculars

In big country it can be hard to confirm points/size or even if there are other animals around with 15x. 30x+ from a spotter can also find game on an entirely different mountain or basin. They are different tools. But swaro 15s are **** near the zenith for pure game finding in most western hunting scenarios.

I just went through this. Tried a pair of Meopta 15s. They were nice, but I still wanted the spotter, and don't want to carry 3 optics. 10s and a spotter for me.

I am currently running 15x BX5s, 10X BX5's, A Compact Goldring 12-40x60, and a SX5 27-55x80. I mix and match based off of my situations. I do not carry all of this at once. A lot of the time I will keep the big spotter at the rig for confirmation before I take a big hike. I do most of my glassing with the 15s and use the spotters for detail pick up. It is a lot of glass but have found that it has changed the effectiveness of my hunts!

Meopta 10x42s (soon to be Swaro NL Pure 10x42) in a chest harness, all day long. Great out to a mile or two to locate game.
Swaro SLC HD 15x56 on a good CF tripod with a hang bag you can fill up with rocks, then dump out when done. Great to 2+ miles for locating, or getting a better look at game within a mile.
Swaro BTX on a good tripod when looking at sizes or glassing 2-5+ miles. Not for packing unless you plan on getting to a good overlook and glassing for hours.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.