Spotting scope tripod

Wife made me take vacation before work goes to 60 hours again and I let the year get away again. So I brought some toys (the scope). Believe me I ain't got nothing this nice and I hope to pay this trip off soon before the bubble bursts🙄

Star fish point. NEWPORT oRegon

Well....after playing around i learned the clamp on phone scope copy is kinda springy (was recommended but I don't like ut)...when you touch the phone it bounces a little. I can see mirage on the rocks though. Google earth puts the fisherman at 1450 yards. Not 2 shabby for an ultralite compact setup.
When taking pictures at high magnification, use a remote controller. Don't touch the camera or tripod. Use the countdown timer, a cable trigger, or a Bluetooth trigger to take the picture. A lot less vibration introduced.

After looking long and hard and playing with the ones that were available locally I have decided on the Sirui 2204 with VA-5 head. That head seemed to me to be the smoothest of the ones I was able to test. And tripod was rock solid got lucky and was able to take it outside and test it out in the wind. Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Well....after playing around i learned the clamp on phone scope copy is kinda springy (was recommended but I don't like ut)...when you touch the phone it bounces a little. I can see mirage on the rocks though. Google earth puts the fisherman at 1450 yards. Not 2 shabby for an ultralite compact setup.
There is a voice activation to take a picture on most smart phones, I don't have to touch it, I just say "capture" and it takes a picture.
Also have you thought about using your tripod as a shooting platform ? It adds a lot of versatility. If so you may want to up the weight capacity a bit, just another thing to consider. I run a vortex summit SS for my lightweight spotter, comes in at 2 lbs

There is a voice activation to take a picture on most smart phones, I don't have to touch it, I just say "capture" and it takes a picture.
Also have you thought about using your tripod as a shooting platform ? It adds a lot of versatility. If so you may want to up the weight capacity a bit, just another thing to consider. I run a vortex summit SS for my lightweight spotter, comes in at 2 lbs
That's a good thought on the capture function.

I dislike shooting from tripods though. It has a job to holding my scope and laser on an arca rail. I have various other steadying means for field use though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.