Spotting Scope Tripod Suggestions

drenner43

I'm in need of a tripod for my spotting scope. So i'm looking for suggestions of a good, relatively inexpensive tripod. I'd like to preferably stay under $150, but $200 would be the max. Thanks

Several decent options out there. For what application: range, backpack, ...? What size scope? For prone, sitting and standing positions?

Last edited:
This will be used for multiple applications, range and hunting. It will be used standing. Where I hunt most of the spotting is done traveling dirt roads on 4 wheelers so weight is really not an issue. It will be backpacked with a little bit but not an immense amount. I'll be using a Pentax PF80ED

You want a tripod that brings the scope to "eye level" in whatever position you normally scope at with little or NO elevator crank up. The platform cranked up high gives you "point squat" stability as compared to the 3 legs themselves. Heavier is much better. I use a Bogen 3031 and also have / use the Bogen 3001; 3011 and 30321

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts