Tripod Spotting scope review.

royinidaho

Dynatran Professional Series Tripod. Model AT-858BL

First why you didn't get one years ago!!!

Pluses in order of importance:
Was given to me as a Christmas gift. (Pretty sweet, huh/)

Improved the quality of spotting with the Nikon Spotter XLII. Changed it from a pretty good spotter to an exceptional one.

Rock solid. No jitters even in the 10mph wind. Could wear glasses and bump the scope and not loose track of things.

A real plus it that it pans without moving the head on the ball. Made it very easy to sweep back and forth in sections. Was smooth enough that it was possible to effectively spot while panning.

Has bubble levels all over the place. Have no idea of what they are for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Has a nice carry bag.

Is the right height for spotting while setting.

Is very similar to the Mangrotto but is a bit more sturdy, I think.

The 7.35 pound weight is both a plus and a minus. Its heavy but worth it for the way I LRH.

The next step will be to get the little attachment thingers for each of my optics and cameras.

Another plus is that it must have been a decent price (read cheap) or my son wouldn't have bought it. He said he lost many auctions before he got it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif What a cheap skate....

Go here to see what UncleB has to say about similar setups. LINK

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.