Spotting scope angled or straight?

mnhunter2

I am looking to buy my first spotting scope and was wondering which model would be best for me, I would think that most of the work would be out off a truck or a tripod.

get the angled one. It only takes a few days to get use to finding the game with the angled spotting scope. The advantage is like with mine i set it next to me when sitting i look through my bi-nocks when i need it i can change the eye peace so i can look with out moving also i can look over around rocks or trees. also on step angles you can turn it to be easier on the neck to look through.

I have a Zeiss and a Leica, both 10-60x straight that I use for spotting bullet holes out to 500M in groundhog matches. I have looked thru angled lens spotters, and it is more difficult and takes longer to find the target thru them. On top of both my straight tubes, there is a small tit, much like a front rifle sight, that you put it on the object you are spotting, look thru the lens and it is always right on the mark. With an angled lens, I am always moving the tripod adjustments back and forth until I find it.

i have a zeiss and a leica, both 10-60x straight that i use for spotting bullet holes out to 500m in groundhog matches. I have looked thru angled lens spotters, and it is more difficult and takes longer to find the target thru them. On top of both my straight tubes, there is a small tit, much like a front rifle sight, that you put it on the object you are spotting, look thru the lens and it is always right on the mark. With an angled lens, i am always moving the tripod adjustments back and forth until i find it.

x2.

Joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.