Spin drift and Coriolis???

I think that I can start to see spin drift around 600 yards if I'm shooting in calm conditions. If I correct for it I'm usually only dialing a click or two at that distance. Depending on what direction you are shooting coriolis can somewhat counteract the spin drift and minimize its effect or compound it

Re: Spin drift and Coriollis???

Although minimal I can detect spin drift at 500 in steller conditions and it grows to about .5 to .75 moa at 1000 in my rifle. I leave it on as part of my shooting solution in my ballistic program for all shots. Coriollis effects I enable past 1200 yds and it does make a difference especially at a mile.

Jeff

All good advise. I however leave spin drift and coriolis on at all times. It does not hurt anything to leave these functions on. For me it is one less thing that I have to do in the field.

Most people (NOT ALL) do the majority of their shooting under a 1000 yards. It is to easy to forget to turn these functions on if your not used to using them. This is what I do and works for me.

I agree with leaving them on , and I do with spin drift. But the reson I choose to switch on Criollis is because I use "shooter" and it takes two more step to get azmuth and enter latitude. I just dont see the need for shots under 1000 so I switch it on for 1200 and beyond. I usually take plenty of time for those long pokes anyway..:D

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.