Specs on Bushnell 6500

They are a nice scope, but optically I would say there is no difference between the 6500 and the 4200. That is just my opinion.

I have only compared them by looking through them together. No full test on them at low light or anything like that.

If they are as good as the 4200, that's plenty good enough for anyone short of the most hardcore, nit-picky long range shooter (like many here on this board). :D

Any chance you could do a low light comparison? Also, what do you think of the knobs? do they have Target knobs? if not can you change them targe knobs? Thanks

Just rid my self of my Nikon to buy the 6500.

I already have both a 6x24x40MM and a 4x16x40MM Elite 4200. they're great glass. Bought a Nikon 5x20x44MM that glass was inferior to elite stuff. I could see bullet holes easier with the 4x16 at 100 yard then with the Nikon set on 20. Any how just bought a 2.5x16x50MM of Optic Zone. Hoping for the best.

Ironworker,
Please make sure to give us a report. I'm interested it that very scope. Did you get the one with the mil dot?

Don't care for Mildots

Mildots are a gimmick in SFP scopes. They're meant for FFP military scopes.I sure will give a report. Mounting it on my AR-15 . I can't afford a NXS or USO .IF this is a great scope I might want its big brother on my Heavy varmint rig.

Now we need some tactical turrets and we'd be good to go...

Blygy,

We are actually coming out with a new model in our Clearidge line call the Ultra XP5. It is actually manufactured in the same plant as the Elite 6500. The sizes will be a 2.5-12.5x42 and a 4.5-22.5x50. Our scopes will feature a target/tactical knob that is very similar to the Leupold M2 knob. These scopes are scheduled to be available sometime in June. We have had a lot of interest in them so far.

Thanks,

M2 knob.. so 1/2 MOA per click???

Might be something I'd be interested in... Unfortunately I dunno if I'll be able to wait til June.. Also any problems shipping them to Canada??

They look like the M2 knobs, but with 1/4" clicks. We can ship to canada, but there is some paperwork that must be completed before we can ship a riflescope. If you are interested, let me know and I can provide you with the contact information with the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs.

We can ship to canada, but there is some paperwork that must be completed before we can ship a riflescope. If you are interested, let me know and I can provide you with the contact information with the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs.

All this is unecesary. I've ordered several scopes from the US without all this hassle. They just mailed them to me no problem. Simply declared as optics, outdoor or hunting supplies. Never had an issue. Even had to send one back for repairs without a hitch.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts