Spartan Javelin Bipods

idcwby

Does anyone have any experience with them? What was good and bad about them? How do they compare to others?

Thanks

I run them exclusively now. Used to run atlas but the weight of the Spartan is awesome. You have to be ok with the bipod not always being attached to your stock. I personally like that about the Spartan. They pop on super easy when needed and aren't in the way when they're not. I install the gunsmith adapters in all my stocks so everything is a flush fit. What else do you want to know about them?

I run them exclusively now. Used to run atlas but the weight of the Spartan is awesome. You have to be ok with the bipod not always being attached to your stock. I personally like that about the Spartan. They pop on super easy when needed and aren't in the way when they're not. I install the gunsmith adapters in all my stocks so everything is a flush fit. What else do you want to know about them?
I haven't compared weights, are they that much lighter? Just as stable as the Altus or Harris? I don't run a bipod on my hunting rifles until I need it, I find it gets in the way at times. I got a picatinny rail on my rifle, do they connect to that easily? Is there anything that you don't like?

Have been using the Javelin lite bipod for three seasons and this is what I like and don't like.
The good: very light weight and quickly attaches; does not encumber the stock when packing or when using a Kolpin gun boot, it is surprisingly stable and no problem holding on a target.
The bad: DON'T FORGET IT; if you are not wearing cargo type pants with thigh pockets you will need to pack it or use their belt holder (dangles at your side and is hard to quickly remove); it folds together nicely but when open, the magnet that holds it open is not strong enough and it will close on you when setting up for a shot in rough terrain (by bumping it when shifting from side to side) and you have to reach out to open it again (hope they have fixed this since I purchased mine)

I really like the gunsmith adapter for mounting the bipod and most could install it if you have a drill press and epoxy. It it inset so nothing protrudes from the stock. You could easily attach a standard folding bipod over it.
With all things considered I much prefer this system on my hunting rifles vs an attached bipod, especially when packing longer distances.

They are quite a bit less than the atlas depending on the model you get, I'm not familiar with the Altus. You can get a pic rail adapter for them but I prefer the flush mount adapters. I definitely think they are as stable as an Atlas, I have no problems shooting little bitty groups with them. There is really not anything I don't like about them. I do love the Tac legs, that made quick adjustments so easy. I'm also a huge fan of the Davros head for shooting off a tripod. That is a must have for lightweight hunting in my opinion.

This is how I set up my rifles. Everything is completely flush so no issues with anything getting hung up. Also a picture of the davros head on a tripod. I've made shots on animals out to 650 yards in the sitting position w this set up and don't have any problems holding it to 1/2 moa at 450 yards w my hunting tripod and Davros. To me the Spartan setup is a complete system that really works well for the lightweight hunter

Attachments

• 4D925D12-2FB8-4DD3-AEAB-5E768AAADB4E.jpeg
    4D925D12-2FB8-4DD3-AEAB-5E768AAADB4E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
  • B9C22A39-3795-4AE2-8C75-58F886FE0D47.jpeg
    B9C22A39-3795-4AE2-8C75-58F886FE0D47.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • F1282DD9-CE3A-44AF-BAF4-42B3495A1D62.jpeg
    F1282DD9-CE3A-44AF-BAF4-42B3495A1D62.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
Definitely wish I could get my hands on one before I spent the money. Seems like a good lightweight option. What JTB said about the magnet makes a little nervous that could be an issue.

Definitely wish I could get my hands on one before I spent the money. Seems like a good lightweight option. What JTB said about the magnet makes a little nervous that could be an issue.
If you buy the pro hunt version the legs lock open so that can't happen. Personally I've used both and haven't had the issue w the legs folding on me but if you're worried about it, get the pro

this issue was fixed a couple years back with the javelin "pro hunt bipod". This version locks open and has a spring loaded lever to quickly collapse it for storage.

I've hunted with them now for several years - bought the original then upgraded to the pro hunt. I also have the sentinel tripod which is an awesome hunting system. I use the legs as hiking poles, and can use it as a tall or short tripod for optics/glassing and can pop my rifle on it when needing a higher position than a bipod allows. Was elk hunting in Colorado this last fall when we suddenly spotted a nice bull at 265 yards in some heavy oak brush. I had my pack off, sentinel tripod deployed and rifle mounted on it in seconds, and got that bull before he drifted into the oak brush.

The Atlas is still my preferred for prs type competitions where weight is no issue, but the javelin and sentinel is all I take hunting. far better, lighter, faster than any other options I've seen.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.