Spartan Bipod/Tripod Experiences

264MHC

I would like to hear others' experiences with the Spartan tripod setup, either the Sentinel or the Davros head on another tripod, compared to a standard ball head/arca clamp, as well as the Javelin bipod, compared to bipods with picattiny/m-lock/arca attachment methods.

I am currently lightly invested in the Spartan system with a Davros head on my tripod, a gunsmith adapter in my bolt rifle stock, and an M-lok adapter for my AR's. After having used this setup, I am a little disappointed with the amount of play between the head and the adapters, and seem to have a hard time holding better than 2 MOA at the range with rifles that shoot .5 off a bench. I'm sure the obvious answer is to just practice with it more. I was able to make a seated shot on a nice Whitetail doe with my 6mm Grendel AR with the tripod this year, but only at 166 yards.

Now I am thinking about purchasing a bipod after running into a couple situations where one would have been helpful, but it would probably not be used all that often. So what I want to know is if the other attachment methods are considerably more stable, and if so should I convert what I already have, or continue investing in the Spartan system with one of the Javelin bipods?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.