Spartan Javelin Bipod Vs Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod

I bought into the Javelin bipod system and also got the Sentinel tripod and now own neither. Not trying to bad mouth the brand or product in any way, but I felt like pursuit of space age materials and precision machining resulted in an overall product that lacked the basic functionality and durability I was looking for. The legs on both the bipod and the tripod did not have enough tension in the joints to stay deployed on their own, so moving them required two hands, and it was just frustrating and inconvenient when sitting or trying to work quickly. I also had problems with the telescoping connections on the legs, I had to re-glue the insert on the Javelin, and damaged the red bushing on the Sentinel under normal use. The tilt adjustment was also not as positive as I was looking for on the Javelin. The price for items themselves plus the adapters just added up, and I felt like in each instance there were better/lighter/smoother products already on the market. Weight is weight, whether you are carrying it on the rifle or in your pack, and I would rather have the bipod on the rifle ready to go.

Looks like they are working on their customer service by having reps in North America which is awesome, but at the time they did not and my emails went unanswered or I would get sporadic responses.

As far as alternatives, I have rotated back to Harris notch legged non-swivel bipods on in the field guns. They are about 10oz, indestructible, and you can buy four for the price of one Javelin. They are not as feature rich, but offer the straight thrash proof functionality I personally prefer with the way I abuse things.
I suspect that once the pattens have expired you'll see a significant increase in theses types on quick attachment bipeds. I suspect they'll be "Harris style" with the Spartan attachment. That's what I'd do

I suspect that once the pattens have expired you'll see a significant increase in theses types on quick attachment bipeds. I suspect they'll be "Harris style" with the Spartan attachment. That's what I'd do

Possibly. I think the propriety nature of the Spartan attachment is polarizing, either people are all for it or they would rather a more common attachment like ARCA or Picatinny. Whether it will be popular enough to catch on, only time will tell.

I bought into the Javelin bipod system and also got the Sentinel tripod and now own neither. Not trying to bad mouth the brand or product in any way, but I felt like pursuit of space age materials and precision machining resulted in an overall product that lacked the basic functionality and durability I was looking for. The legs on both the bipod and the tripod did not have enough tension in the joints to stay deployed on their own, so moving them required two hands, and it was just frustrating and inconvenient when sitting or trying to work quickly. I also had problems with the telescoping connections on the legs, I had to re-glue the insert on the Javelin, and damaged the red bushing on the Sentinel under normal use. The tilt adjustment was also not as positive as I was looking for on the Javelin. The price for items themselves plus the adapters just added up, and I felt like in each instance there were better/lighter/smoother products already on the market. Weight is weight, whether you are carrying it on the rifle or in your pack, and I would rather have the bipod on the rifle ready to go.

Looks like they are working on their customer service by having reps in North America which is awesome, but at the time they did not and my emails went unanswered or I would get sporadic responses.

As far as alternatives, I have rotated back to Harris notch legged non-swivel bipods on in the field guns. They are about 10oz, indestructible, and you can buy four for the price of one Javelin. They are not as feature rich, but offer the straight thrash proof functionality I personally prefer with the way I abuse things.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're still a small company, so hearing field experience of actual users helps us and we incorporate these changes into future models. For example, we fixed all of the problems you mentioned by updating the tripod to a whole different leg system, and creating a bipod you can adjust with one hand called the Pro Hunt Tac. If you have any suggestions for future products, always feel free to let me know because we truly do use this input.

PHTac-7_2000x2.jpg

Smart man! We did just create one call the Pro Hunt Tac 😃

Thanks! It's always tough to design something you think is a good idea, but then you get it out in the field and realize you should have done something different lol

Haha, true of the consumer as well. Things seem good in theory until you have put money down on them and realize they don't work for you or your system. Its always a continuous process to seek out that perfect solution.

Truthfully, I appreciate you coming on here looking for constructive feedback and design input, because you do offer a unique product which I think a lot of the hunters on here could benefit from.

I've had these bipods for several years now and are still being used every weekend. I needed something my kids could use without the added weight and got an array of heights to shoot from open flat rocks, grass or sitting in high grass or brush (Jane long legs I believe it's called) I only now recently have been having problems where the legs slip out maybe from being adjusted several times a day shooting every weekend. A month ago I actually lost my Spartan 300 as it fell off my rifle while hunting and I'm sick they don't make it anymore. The attachment has been loose for awhile but I never thought it would had fall off because it's always been great. I haven't contacted Mr. G yet because I kind of feel it's my fault, it was showing signs of wear I guess you could call it. Mr. G is the most genuine and humble person always taking great care of me and personally doing my orders even answering the phone hours after they have closed for great customer service. Maybe in time after I might need to update these bipods but my kids and I are so used to using these bipods it's like chambering and round, effortless. Awesome bipods

Attachments

• F61AB5A1-DE88-4A60-94C8-814D6D6EF3F8.jpeg
    F61AB5A1-DE88-4A60-94C8-814D6D6EF3F8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
I've had these bipods for several years now and are still being used every weekend. I needed something my kids could use without the added weight and got an array of heights to shoot from open flat rocks, grass or sitting in high grass or brush (Jane long legs I believe it's called) I only now recently have been having problems where the legs slip out maybe from being adjusted several times a day shooting every weekend. A month ago I actually lost my Spartan 300 as it fell off my rifle while hunting and I'm sick they don't make it anymore. The attachment has been loose for awhile but I never thought it would had fall off because it's always been great. I haven't contacted Mr. G yet because I kind of feel it's my fault, it was showing signs of wear I guess you could call it. Mr. G is the most genuine and humble person always taking great care of me and personally doing my orders even answering the phone hours after they have closed for great customer service. Maybe in time after I might need to update these bipods but my kids and I are so used to using these bipods it's like chambering and round, effortless. Awesome bipods
Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experiences! I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your bipod. We don't advertise the Spartan 300 anymore for the civilian market, but we do still sell it to the military. If you would like another one or something else in our product range, pm me and I can get you hooked up and possibly get a discount for being such a loyal customer 😀

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.