Space-bar-is-broken

wildcat

Hey-guys-I-know-many-are-wondering-why-I-am-typing-with-hyphens.-My-wife-spilled-water-on-the-key-board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif-it-will-be-going-out-for-repair-next-week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wildcat

wildcat,
A-$9.95-keyboard-from-Walmart-or-Kmart-is better-than-sending-it-to-have-it-fixed. Dashes are good idea though when the space bar doesn't work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You can take the keyboard apart and wash it. Let it dry COMPLETELY then put it back together and it will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even take it apart.

It got gritty, and I washed it in dish washing detergent and rinsed it - 24 hours later it was back in service.

[ QUOTE ]
But that's UncleB's excuse. He is always spilling or spewing something on his keyboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
buffalobob,
you are correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and I almost did it again 2 minutes ago when catshooter nicknamed wildcat " the hyphen-king" on another post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
just buy a new one it is cheaper than sending it out for repair ,I know because I have been through this a few times as BB has pointed out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
UB

[ QUOTE ]
(regarding the keyboard...) I didn't even take it apart. It got gritty, and I washed it in dish washing detergent and rinsed it - 24 hours later it was back in service.

[/ QUOTE ]Good idea. Most folks don't know water itself does not conduct electricity. If there's enough minerals in the water, they will conduct the electricity through it.

Thanks-for-all-the-post-guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif-One-more-thing-not-only-is-the-key-board-broken-but-during-the-clean-up-process-some-keys-were-broken-aswell.

Thanks
Wildcat-A.K.A.-THE-HYPHEN-KING-

When it goes out for repair, I would definetly have the keys blueprinted and trued, maybe have the keystrokes lightened or go with aftermarket adjustable keys. Heavy keystrokes are a major contributor to spelling inaccuracies. And when it's set back in the case I would have it bedded. Marine-Tex is my preferred but to each their own. That way you wouldn't have to worry about warpage in the event of another coffee attack.
I am glad you clarified because when I read your other posts I thought you were being Uber "matter-of-factly"

canute two...loved your post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

maybe we should start a donation for a new keyboard for wildcat. I'm in for $5.

Canute's post gave me the first laugh of the day... I pitch in too, but we should get the model with the "Wife alarm" - the "Hyphen King" need all the help he can get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.