Southwest Idaho deer help?

huntoregon

Me and a couple buddies drove from the southern Oregon coast to McCall Idaho to do some deer hunting. We heard Mt Pollock was pretty successful for mule deer so we packed in and setup camp near the summit. After several days of glassing and hunting hard we had no luck.

So basically we are looking for any ideas of decent places to hunt. We would be willing to drive down around the Boise area or north of where we are. We just don't want to make the long drive home empty handed.

That area has huge bucks in it. I was sent pictures just a couple of weeks ago of huge mule deer bedded down in our relatives yard in McCall. I am trying to get my wife to move there! They may be lower elevation then where you are at as the relatives dont live all that far off the lake. While in McCall look up the elknut (elknut productions) Paul lives right in town and could be helpful to you as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.