Southern Michigan Wildcat

Well I bought a 77/44 in stainless, swapped out the synthetic stock for walnut, threw in a timney spring and sear, and topped it with a Vortex Diamondback then gave it to my wife and she fell in love with it at first sight. I have been stealing it and taking it out to the deer woods when she is working and was thinking about getting another in an identical configuration but the 300yd group out of that 450BM is pretty freaking impressive. In the farming area I live in there are plenty of places you can see well beyond the range of a 44 mag. I would agree that most shots would be inside of 100yds, but I like to be prepared for the "what-if's". Very nice work on that rifle.

I have owned a few 44 mag rifles and I was never disappointed unless I stretched the range
beyond there limits.

I now use a 444 marlin in a pistol, and the 450 bushmaster in a AR platform and I am impressed with the performance of both. Recoil if a little much for the ladies but manageable. Eventually,
I will build a 450 Bushmaster bolt gun.

The rebated rim makes it a natural for bolt guns and eliminates feeding problems.

Just a few more comments

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts