Wildcat cartridges

Sable I knew Ackley and Zeglin is my neighbor.. again Ackley said you cannot improve a 270 winchester. aslo he had a 256 newton on hand in his shop in 1976. but it was already sold..
another thing P O Ackley had a mechanicsl engineering degree from Syacurise university and I have one for a state university.. that really don't mean that i know all , but a little bit.. and the best 375 ever desinged was the 375 weatherby and it was a copy of Ackley 375 long action magnum . just like the 416 remington and the 8 mm remington magnum. and another neignbor who has passed, had a 458 long action action magnum killed a train load of elephants. his name was Bumiller. yes I own volume 1 and Volume 2 of ackleys books and he signed them for me and Fred used a photo I took of P O and a frient in 76 and Ackley his Publisher from Utah is also a neighbor of mine.

Well, all I can say is congratulations. I'm not sure what your point is but then again, I'm not a degreed Mechanical Engineer.

I can tell you though that part of that degree has really taken a backseat as a credential since you spell and punctuate like a third grader.;)

Have a great evening!🙂

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Narcissism - A defect found in far too many in today's world.

Last edited:
Make any excuses you need, whatever helps you get through the day. I learned on a slide rule also, so no excuse. And I don't have to remember anything as you are easily ignored.

Now back to the Original Post and question. I'm done here.

Have a great day!;)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Narcissism - A defect found in far too many in today's world.
That seems a bit rude, dont you think!!

Here is the new case I'm working with. Has nice long neck and wby radius shoulders. I opened up the rails on my 700 but it still wouldn't fit. Any ideas what action I need?
Shep

Attachments

• IMG_6600.jpg
    IMG_6600.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 185
It depends on your viewpoint.

However in an attempt to get this topic moving again, I have deleted my observations and will exempt myself from any further comments. If you or others want to castigate me for my opinion, so be it. As I stated before, I'm done here.

Have a great day! It's beautiful here.:)

He was your hero and then you out Ackley him with your cartridges. Wonder what he would think of them. Imagine what he would have done with today's powders. Ackley and an 8 pound jug of rl26 would be interesting.
Shep

JMW 67: I have no idea but the thing should really be a shooter. .I know from past experience that opening up the rails is very tricky. good luck. I do know the 25/06 is a top dog in a 63 mm case but you are using a 53 mm case and it hold more powder . I am sure you will find the solution and have a hell of a long range 25 cal.

Jmw I knew someone would say that. My dad worked at the Pentagon and helped write the field manuals for that one. He started in m-48s then onto my favorite the m-60 then the mighty M1A1. That is actually a vase I saw in a furniture store and it reminded me of the old 105mm rounds.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.