Son harvested his '09 MT elk

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Hey all,

My son shot his elk this last weekend. Made a great shot at 300 yrds, center body just behind the shoulder. No lost meat. Once again the 6.5-06 w/ 130g Sciroccos performed exceptionally well. The cow went about 20 yrds after the shot and dropped. Recovered the bullet in the hide on the off side, perfect mushroom. Have not yet had a chance to weigh it, but it looks like last years that retained 82%. Spent tonight cutting it up. Got all the steaks done, and will take care of the burger tomorrow night.

So you all know, he was selected for a game damage hunt on private property in south west MT.

Talk to you all later,

Steve

Good for your son Steve. There's nothing better than elk meat. And most importantly there's nothing better than the good times you have with your kids in the field. Way to go!. Get those pics up!

I have tried to do the pic thing and I have not had any success. I think my virus software won't allow it. I will be having a guy come to the house to help me set up some software, and I think he will be able to help me get that working also. I did take some good pics, they are on film so I'll have to get them developed.

I did open a photo bucket acct last year when I was trying to show pics. Can I just give the address and you guys can go there and see the pics?

Steve

Pictures by RockMtnMT - Photobucket

Here is the link to my photo bucket. There is pics from the the last two years hunting seasons. Most of the first page is from last years trip to the Missouri breaks. All but the antelope pics. The antelope pics are from N central MT.

I'll get the new pics developed soon.

Steve

19080013.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.