My Son and his new SMR Timberline 260

406precision

Well I have to do a little bragging on my oldest son Trystan he did his own load work (under supervision) and even bore sighted his new rifle himself here are the results.....pretty **** proud of him!!!!
A big shout out goes to Snowy Mountain Rifles and Vortex optics pretty bas *** set-up. If your looking for quality optics or a new custom rifle I can't recommend a better fit.

Attachments

• unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 109
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 100
That is some nice shooting. You should be proud.

Noticed on your target pic that his load is with H4831. Tell him to try H4350. You will likely achieve better velocity results.

The paper is folded in half for the photo he was aiming at a black 3/4 inch dot in the middle of the page. It was initial load development after a 25 yard bore sight he impacted 4 inches high and two inches left.

Nice! Heck of a group. Congratulations :)

My boy is 9 years (be 10 in September) and I just built him a custom 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser based on a stainless Howa action. Figured I'd get him familiar to the rifle and used to the recoil before he turns 12 and hits the field to harvest game. Can't wait to get him hunting :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts