First Big Animal for my Son

Accumark

My son took his first big animal on our recent DIY antelope hunt in Montana. Not a monster but a well earned 'trophy' on the last day of a tough hunt. He made a great shot with the ole .257 Weatherby at 350 yds seated using the old arm thru the sling hold. He was very excited when I said antelope down after the shot. It was very gratifying to share the experience with him. Oh ya I took one too. Love antelope meat.
100_0795.JPG
100_0793.JPG

My son took his first big animal on our recent DIY antelope hunt in Montana. Not a monster but a well earned 'trophy' on the last day of a tough hunt. He made a great shot with the ole .257 Weatherby at 350 yds seated using the old arm thru the sling hold. He was very excited when I said antelope down after the shot. It was very gratifying to share the experience with him. Oh ya I took one too. Love antelope meat.View attachment 221945View attachment 221951
Congratulations to you Both! Full freezer and wonderful memories.. can't beat that!!👍🏻

My son took his first big animal on our recent DIY antelope hunt in Montana. Not a monster but a well earned 'trophy' on the last day of a tough hunt. He made a great shot with the ole .257 Weatherby at 350 yds seated using the old arm thru the sling hold. He was very excited when I said antelope down after the shot. It was very gratifying to share the experience with him. Oh ya I took one too. Love antelope meat.View attachment 221945View attachment 221951
That Antelope is VERY tasty. Especially the tenderloin.
Congrats on a successful and memorable hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts