Sometimes you learn more from mistakes

I would load up a few at the lands, I have a 7mag that loves them jammed in the lands around 15 thou but I was able to develop a very accurate load basically touching the lands for hunting that doesn't risk pulling a bullet. I have never seen excess pressure from jamming into the lands either, I load for accuracy over speed though so I assume the guys that are already on the ragged edge are the ones who see a pressure spike when they get into the lands???

I used to load touching the lands. Better accuracy being the motive. I once had a primer failure on a very large muley buck that resulted in a stuck bullet. By the time I figured out what was going on and took my son's rifle from him, the buck was gone. I too could eject a loaded round without issue. The force of the primer strike stuck the bullet. Never again will I load a hunting rifle to touch the lands.

I have the best and most constent results I have ever obtained with that rifle. Be ultra conservative and seat deeper or go with it and carry a ramrod incase I stick a bullet? FYI over the courses of the powder test I never hit pressure.
If your questioning if you'd need a ramrod to address a stuck bullet my guess is this is a hunting rifle, and that is not even an option. I'm guessing you never hit pressure cause you started out in the lands and working up safely. Magazine length isn't a metric to judge distance to lands. I don't chase the lands but IMO I like to know the jump in each rifle I load for.

You found something that gave you good groups but is not a coal thats useful for hunting. The answer to your questions is you need to start over with these components well off the lands and you will find your hunting load.

I follow a few different LD shooter and some BR, it seems they like a slite touch but only .005-.008 not .050
I don't actually think it's possible to get .050 jam. You'd have to have a really tight neck to get that much pressure. Generally the bullet will only jam so far and then just simply push into the case. A person would never be able to extract it intact.

A lot of good replies. I will answer a few clarifying questions.

This a long range target / coyote rifle. I would not risk a stuck bullet on a big game rifle.

I know what excessive pressure is and what it looks like. This load started low while jammed when I worked it up. This is Remington brass. It is very revealing when pressure is too high.

Yes, you can jam .050. When the throat and lead wears dimensions get bigger. A new minimum dimension match chamber would not allow it. It may not be possible with another bullet in this rifle either. I am going to test the 145 barnes that wouldn't shoot at any jumped seating depth just to see. The profiles are different.

I tested another 50 140 ELDMs today, at 713, 950, and 1130. The load was shooting sub half moa verticle at those distances. The wind kicked my butt at 1135, but the other ranges it was very consistent and accurate. Half way through I intentionally tried to stick a bullet. It ejected fine. There were pretty obvious marks on the bullet and resistance on extraction. The bullet didn't move in the case that I could tell. I didn't not measure it for cbto.

Regarding neck tension I'm annealing and using a standard Redding decapper and expander ball.

In the end, I recognize this not a long term solution. It has been a fun experiment. I'm curious if this heavy jam would help other rifles with a lot of throat erosion. Squeezing a little more life out of a worn barrel might be possible. As always you do you at your own risk.

A lot of good replies. I will answer a few clarifying questions.

This a long range target / coyote rifle. I would not risk a stuck bullet on a big game rifle.

I know what excessive pressure is and what it looks like. This load started low while jammed when I worked it up. This is Remington brass. It is very revealing when pressure is too high.

Yes, you can jam .050. When the throat and lead wears dimensions get bigger. A new minimum dimension match chamber would not allow it. It may not be possible with another bullet in this rifle either. I am going to test the 145 barnes that wouldn't shoot at any jumped seating depth just to see. The profiles are different.

I tested another 50 140 ELDMs today, at 713, 950, and 1130. The load was shooting sub half moa verticle at those distances. The wind kicked my butt at 1135, but the other ranges it was very consistent and accurate. Half way through I intentionally tried to stick a bullet. It ejected fine. There were pretty obvious marks on the bullet and resistance on extraction. The bullet didn't move in the case that I could tell. I didn't not measure it for cbto.

Regarding neck tension I'm annealing and using a standard Redding decapper and expander ball.

In the end, I recognize this not a long term solution. It has been a fun experiment. I'm curious if this heavy jam would help other rifles with a lot of throat erosion. Squeezing a little more life out of a worn barrel might be possible. As always you do you at your own risk.
If a throat is growing you are not jamming the bullet into the lands. The lands are gone, you are just simply chasing the lands. this is a very common practice and easily recorded in your data book. Taking periodic measures for growth yields an erosion per shot fired and you can adjust seating depth to maintain the preferred jump. Generally if a rifle is that sensitive to jump it is due to the bullet being used or the reloader not identifying the seating depth node. Scott Satterlee has some good info on this if you wish to research the subject. I did think of another potential way to jam that much...... extreme neck tension and crimping it. Maybe just crimping a cannelure bullet would allow for extraction. Nothing I would ever do for any reason. Zero need with modern weapons and ammo.

I had been trying to work up a good long range load in .260 Remington with Barnes 145 match burners and Reloader 23. I never found what I wanted. 2 moa garbage is all I could muster. Very disappointed.

I changed bullets and powder. 140 ELD match and H4350. I loaded my first batch for powder testing at mag length. I never considered checking to see how close to the lands I was, because I never had a bullet hit the lands at mag length. When I chambered the first round I felt a slight resistance, but nothing alarming. I started shooting. 24 of 26 test loads went into .5 moa or less. The two that were out I suspect were contributed by mirage from the suppressor. When I shot those again they went back in the group. Half way through I ejected a loaded round. I saw marks on the bullet. I discovered I was into the lands. Now what?

I have the best and most constent results I have ever obtained with that rifle. Be ultra conservative and seat deeper or go with it and carry a ramrod incase I stick a bullet? FYI over the courses of the powder test I never hit pressure.
What is your barrel twist? If it is faster than 1-8, that would be the reason the 145 MB's didn't shoot.