So, We Figured Out Annealing. How about Primer Pocket Restoration?

Personally, I'm not losing primer pockets fast enough to worry about it, but if you are and it his works, rock on.

If it works well enough then eventually Lee will make a $15 tool that works in a press for this. Hornady will make the same thing but it costs $40 and is a 50 thousanths smaller than spec. AMP will release a $2,500 hydraulic press with a force gauge that produces a graph so we can see the exact point at which at which the brass yields to reform the cup. Novels will be written on the internet about how as long as you use a 16oz hammer and let gravity control the force via a 6" drop (calibrated for variations in your local gravitational field of course) that you'll size the pocket perfectly. People who shoot Weatherby's will insist it has to be a ball peen hammer because of the roundness of the peen. The Europeans will tell us stupid Yanks that they've been doing since the 1647 but it only works if you use the metric system. The Aussies are asleep right now, and besides they're probably too busy fighting off all the poisonous snakes to worry about primer pockets.
Now that's funny right there, but there is no such thing as a poisonous snake. Snakes are venomous by virtue of their venom. They would only be poisonous if you ate a snake filled with some kind of poison because that is the only to get poison into and out of a snake.:confused:😁 Poison and venom are two completely different compounds, but I do get your meaning, and it is funny.

Now that's funny right there, but there is no such thing as a poisonous snake. Snakes are venomous by virtue of their venom. They would only be poisonous if you ate a snake filled with some kind of poison because that is the only to get poison into and out of a snake.:confused:😁 Poison and venom are two completely different compounds, but I do get your meaning, and it is funny.
I guess I am not the only person with too much time on my hands...

Dude...its the internet....You MUST, HAVE TO, SPEND MORE, STUDY IT LONGER, MAKE A SPREAD SHEET, and of course LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS ON WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO!! Thanks for the chuckle.
Because I have too much time in my hands, in my native language there is one word and covers both poison and venom, so I don't have to worry which one to use! It is called δηλητήριο

Snakes are venomous by virtue of their venom.
Around me snakes are dead by virtue of the handiest firearm 🤬

I'm actually pretty good about leaving most of them alone, but I also won't say a water snake hasn't ever been sacrificed to a 12ga on the presumption it was a water moccasin.

in my native language there is one word
There's one word in Texan that works too.... it's "SHITASNAKE!" 🤣

Around me snakes are dead by virtue of the handiest firearm 🤬

I'm actually pretty good about leaving most of them alone, but I also won't say a water snake hasn't ever been sacrificed to a 12ga on the presumption it was a water moccasin.

There's one word in Texan that works too.... it's "SHITASNAKE!" 🤣
Snakes around me are dead by Lead Poisoning!

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 50
I guess I am not the only person with too much time on my hands...
I was going to comment on the post that mentioned "oversize" crankshaft bearings but thought I'd stay nice on this forum. Oh, shouldn't that have been "undersized" crankshaft bearings? :)

I was going to comment on the post that mentioned "oversize" crankshaft bearings but thought I'd stay nice on this forum. Oh, shouldn't that have been "undersized" crankshaft bearings? :)
When you turn a crankshaft, you remove material from the crankshaft. That means you need "oversized" bearings to replace the missing metal. But now I am confused as to what to call the danged things.

Last edited:
Undersize makes the inside bigger, oversize makes the outside bigger. Used to I would buy what the Plastigage thing told me to. Now it's easier to light the truck on fire and buy a new one.
That is cute but I still can't figure out which is which. Too danged old to think back that far. I am rather certain this will never answer the question the OP asked. Go Texas!!!

Think I would get new brass instead of doing the ball bearing trick. The only way I would do it is if the cartridge is really hard to come by. Something like a 6.5x54 MS. Which I have one.