So how long!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff 300

So how long will we have our gun rights in this country with all this crap going on. All we needed was another mass shooting. This is not going good for good guys that just like to shoot and hunt. They may not take our guns but if the ammo is gone we are SOL. So whats every one take on this mess????? And don't say they can taken from your cold dead hands because if they show up at your door step fully loaded they will take them one way r another just plain and simple.

It probably happen someday. People should understand though that once a freedom/right is taken away, it is seldom given back. So all of these gun haters should think about that. They may find themselves wishing they had that right in the future but once gone it is truly gone.

If I was betting I think it would take em about 50 years.

I'm not so sure that the court of public opinion is as supportive of gun control as it was a couple of years ago. While "nutcase" style shootings seem to be happening on a more frequent basis, the ISIS/terrorism threat right here in our own back yard seems to be offsetting this and is making the public more supportive of our 2nd Amendment rights. As much as people support law enforcement efforts, even the sheep recognize that the police will NOT be there to save you when you need to be saved. IMO.

When i saw this taking place all i could think of is if its happening please be related to over sea and not some nut from here just wanting to cause harm. Witch i'm sure the days coming that we have the same kind of thing that happened in paris happen right here. But i'm thinking Obama is going to try and do something to our rights before he's out and god i can't wait till then.

I think the event will "officially" be labeled "workplace violence" by a person who bought "assault rifles" legally and decided to use them in a moment of anger. The answer to the problem will "officially" be to enact new gun control laws to prevent and make us all "more safe" and help to prevent this type of event. Wait and see!

How can a right that Government did not give be taken away by Government without the consent of the governed? Personally, I think that some sort of Executive Order will come about that severely alters or eliminates the Second Amendment as a meaningful right and a Congress of "sheep" will not move to prevent it.

I used to think that firearm confiscation would not occur in my lifetime, I'm 66 so I considered it a non-issue. Lately, I'm not so sure.

having said that, I can certainly foresee a firearm free society occuring during the next generation. Kids today aren't attuned to firearms as much as the last generation and those before them were.

The less popular they are, they better chance of confiscation.

I've said before and I'll say again that criminals will always have firearms, criminals don't obey the law, never have. I think Chicago is the crowning example of strict gun laws for citizens while the criminal element preys on the defenseless law abiding citizens.

Hopefully I won't see (confiscation) in my lifetime and as far as someone showing up armed on my doorstep and demanding my firearms.... being 66 and having lived a good and full life, I have no qualms whatsoever about how I would handle that situation and I'll leave it at that.

At some point military or law enforcement will have their itegrity checked. Will they enforce laws they know are corrupt, or will they take off their badge and side with us?

The truth of it is that our freedom is being traded for free stuff and political correctness.

Could be just where I sit, but more of the folks around me are carrying-especially women. The line and demand for carry permits locally was stopped by overload. Product leaving the shelfs faster than can be stocked........If that adds up to more support politically who knows, but I can't believe folks are buying just to give them back.

How long depends on us and the next election (especially the House and Senate). If our side can keep a majority in both houses we should be ok. The way to keep that majority is on us. Ensure that you and every gun owner you know goes to the polls and pulls the handle for "R" across the ballot. After all, it is NOT the Republicans that have made gun control/confiscation a part of their national platform.

Also, if many more of us had the same mentality as sidecarflip and others that posted on this thread it would have a deterring effect on the efforts of our enemy and make them rethink their plans of confiscation.

Please don't ever confuse "sporting" arms with the purpose of the 2A. Hunting and food gathering is a gimme. Having the ability to support a militia is the purpose, and for that reason there should be no restriction on arms that could possibly be used in a militia. We're already way behind on our original and intended rights. Losing anything right now is disastrous.

morning, the gov. is part of the problem, the ammo and supplies for loading, used for

pleasure and competition shooting that is now being rationed by the manufactures is

the major problem. the greed of the manufacturers is driving the cost of supplies for

reloading to very short supplies and increased prices. the manufactures do not

care about the hunters and reloaders. they use political correctness as

crutch. the manufactures because of state politics have moved to different

states to build new ammunitions and manufacturing plants.

the shortage of federal primers, certain reloading powders, brass, and certain

bullets is done by the manufactures. the

purchase of millions of rounds by the gov. did create a shortage, the manufactures

made there money on this purchase and laughed on the way the their banks.

a person better purchase all u can get now. the shortage and prices will get worse.

I do all my shopping online. i pay more, but I find what I want, except for

215m primers, so the use the standard 215, and WMP primers. no change in

accuracy.

lightbulb

There is no doubt Oblamer has an agenda.... the UN agenda and he is pulling all stops to grab guns by whatever means. I agree he will pull something before he is out of office.
the crazy folks with guns doesn't help but I do see more folks carrying which is positive yet makes a statement that citizens no longer feel safe and do not believe law enforcement can protect; be it they are too busy, to far away or whatever. That comment is no way a jab at law enforcement they have their hands full and fact is if you need one they are likely to far out to do you much good until after the smoke clears.
carry and let it be known you do, vote and support NRA and pray we never see the day they take our rights. for me I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and tired of the BS. if they want mine they will have to take them the hard way.

He may indeed have an agenda. But there could be nothing worse for us than a Hitler-y Clinton presidency with a democratic house and senate. If that occurs then you know what is to follow, they have stated it outright.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.